Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello All,

A customer created a Free *(ad driven) remote request app for Karaoki called ‘KaraoQuest‘ – a feasible replacement for the old Remote Request Terminal as it’s for local network connection vs internet based (like SongbookDB or the forthcoming KaraoQ system). Let singers use their phone to connect via IP, or setup a tablet as a Kiosk for requests.

Simple, no-frills (for now), but gets it done.

Learn more and get it here:

Going to keep this as a sticky for a few weeks!

reverentx
    Participant

The request app(user)
    Has following error: (only tested on iphone app)
    1. Width 17000+ songs it takes 5-10 min to load all songs int the app.
    (Let it do it in the background)
    2. The app looses conection to remote after few minutes an users request got loost, the app then need to close down and restarted to work again!
    (Need to auto reconnect aitomaticly to remote on pc)
    3. It dosent read danish letters æø
    So all songs stands widthout æøå and when you send
    The request karaoki cames width error: dosent find request i db!!!!
    Messages…
    The messages dosent shows in users app send from
    Remote
    Else ot partly works!
    So place to some imrovement
    Best regards
    Flemming Madsen

karaoquest
    karaoquest
    Participant

Thanks for the input Flemming.
    There’s definitely room for improvement.
    I know it takes a long time to load the songs but we are currently working on improving this part.
    As for the Danish letters, I will have to look into multi-language sooner than I thought.
    And for the connection issues, it’s hard to tell what went wrong.
    There’s is already an update (1.0.3) available on the AppStore.
    It should be more stable and allows to send some logs for troubleshooting, connections issues among other things.
    Thanks again for the input.
    Martin

reverentx
    Participant

My app

This is my app its pure webbased
    But not integrated in karaoki LOL

It af loads of futures for admin
    You can see if the users phone/ pad i online
    It send message to user when they should up and sing
    It loads song ing bacground as sesson arry
    Few sec for 17000 songs
    I can push user up down
    Send messages to specefic users app
    And a lot mor
    LOL
    Flemming
    Ps i am php programmer

reverentx
    Participant

Martin
    Have you any idea about when
    You solve the connection
    And load error in the app

karaoquest
    karaoquest
    Participant

Hi Flemming,
    The new version on the AppStore allows to send a log to help toubleshoot some issue. Please use it to send information on the load error and lost connection so I can work on those specific problems.
    Tx

moopa
    Participant

Good day, thanks for this app! I think it will be great. I would like to know how to share either all my songs or multiple cases to get all my songs available. So far I can only get it to share one case at a time.

Thanks,
    Mark

moopa
    Participant

Hi Martin, are you considering a pay version of the App to eliminate the ad? While testing on an iphone and ipad, the ad won’t close very easy on the ipad, but it’s fine on the iphone( after the time out of the ad, the “X” is hard to activate)

Thanks,
    Mark

dftweedie
    Participant

Would your programming lend itself to an ios control surface for Karaoki itself? At least basic transport and song loading functions and singer list loading/ menu?

Maybe you could sell that to the KJs and then ditch the adware in the ‘audience’ app?

Thanks so much for this, BTW. It does everything basically needed.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

KaraoQuest update now available in the app store:

SherylT
    Participant

I’d be interested in finding out how to do this too. I currently have one case for every 1000 songs, and it would take a long time to combine them into one case.

Sheryl

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Sheryl,

You can of course just import everything again into one case – how many files total do you have? If it’s under 50,000 one case should be plenty fine.

moopa
    Participant

I did as Ryan said, placed over 30000 songs ( 20 or so cases) into one folder, and just pointed the software to it….takes 5-7 min to load, but once it’s loaded, it;’s there…. stays on your iphone or ipad and is ready to go next time you use it without having to load them all again. It works great!

Shawno814
    Participant

Hi, I noticed that these posts that talk about new developments and added features to this app were from 6 months ago… in some cases 8 to 10 months. Wondering if anything has been done since then. I’ve recently purchased the Karaoki software and use the KaraoQuest app. I think the app is great, but the last 2 times I’ve had people use it, the field where they can enter their name (on the Confirm Request screen) doesn’t actually work. It defaults to whichever “Singer” is activated on the Singers tab in the app. And I agree, the loading of songs is pretty slow (but minor in my opinion). Any suggestions… updates, fixes?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Since KaraoQuest is a customer creation, it’s not a PCDJ developed product, we do not have any further insight into the development plans. I have not heard from or spoken to the customer/creator of KaraoQuest in a few months.

Have you checked out SongbookDB as an alternative? It has a much more robust feature set right now, and may have what your looking for.

I’ll shoot the KaraoQuest developer an email to see if he has any updates!

Shawno814
    Participant

Thanks very much. I haven’t dug too deep into the Songbook DB. From what I’m reading from other posts it’s more of a pain to deal with… especially from the audience side having to create accounts etc. Not sure I want to go down that path. Plus from what I’m gathering, it’s not real time… meaning if you add songs to your library you have to upload a new file to the songbook db. Correct? Not to mention I just saw that to use the requesting feature it costs a monthly subscription. Unreal… No thanks.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It’s pretty easy to set up honestly, at least it was for me. Users can login/create an account immediately using social log in (log in with Facebook) – so one button press. Otherwise, they can put in their name and email to get in. Furthermore, they can create their own favorites folder (basically put a bunch of the songs they want to sing ‘aside’ in the app to request later at the event). You can also buzz their phone when their up to sing. send a shout out simultaneously to all singers viewing the app at once and ban people etc.

But yes, you would right click on your case in Karaoki and “export as TSV” and upload to songbookDB using the included “pal app”. This process is still painless, but it also allows you to control what users see via the songbookDB pal app.

You do have “kiosk” mode for those without a mobile device with the app.

I’ll see what the KaraoQuest creator has planned and get back.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Just got the following back from Martin, the KaraoQuest developer:

“v1.2 should be out for beta testing early in 2017.
    I also expect to have an Android version by the end of 2017.”

Looks like some new stuff is on the way early next year!

Shawno814
    Participant

Thanks very much for checking. I don’t suppose there’s a way to contact anyone for support in this app. I’m expecting people to use it this Friday night and I just went to test out an issue I had last time and now the app will not connect to the remote connections. I gives an Error:StartComm and then keeps crashing. I sent an email and log file within the app yesterday but who knows if it will get seen or not.
    Thanks.

sonarf
    Participant

There is another program that works well with Karaoki called Super Remote Request Tool (I wont plug the company name here). Its not free. It works over the local network via a web browser so is ios and driod friendly you can even set up dedicated kiosks via a touch screen and windows pc. I have been using this with karaoki for 9 months without any problems.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Sonaf! I’ve seen the product, and understood that it was for us with Tricerasoft products – very interesting it works in Karaoki. Do the requests come into Karaoki directly (so you only need to press “accept” for the singer/song to go into rotation like it works in SongbookDB) or do the requests come into a secondary module – thus you are required to search the song and add the singer/song to rotation manually?

sonarf
    Participant

It does run as a separate module but you can drag and drop into karaoki player and rotation without re-searching. Takes a bit of getting used to but the beauty is it can handle you entire database 200,000+ not just 1 case. It does say for their products only but it has the option to uncheck that in the program.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Very Interesting! Thanks for the information. SongbookDB (and the finally forthcoming KaraoQ application) supports as many songs as you like, and all cases at once. In the case of KaraoQ. the singers can view their spot in rotation from their phone as well. It seems our customers will have many options for singer/song requests!

Thanks again!

sonarf
    Participant

No problem. I like the features in songbookdb and karaoq but they both need an internet connection and a monthly subscription. If singers want to know when they are on they can look at the screen generated by karaoki between songs. For me Super remote and Karaoki are the perfect blend and if karaoki was more touchscreen friendly lol.
    Karaoki is the best software I’ve found in 17yrs for hosting a show.

Keep up the good work guys.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Good point about the requirement for an internet connection – they’re not local area network like KaraoQuest and Super Remote.

Thanks for the kind words, and I’m sure many other Karaoki users will benefit from Super Remote — thanks again for posting here on the forum about it!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.