Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SherylT
    Participant

Using newest version of PCDJKaraoki

Hope someone can give me a little advice. I just switched my karaoke setup from Amplifier, CD Player and Passive speakers to a smaller setup with Yamaha MG10XU Mixer and TurboSound iP1000 column powered speaker. I know with this mixer it’s possible to record to my laptop, but can’t figure out how to do it. I know I have all connections in the proper place, including USB from mixer to laptop, but when I try to record .wav files, all that gets recorded is the music, not the singer.

Any ideas?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Sheryl,

What software are you using to capture the recording? You likely have to setup the device you want to record in the recording app.

Right now it’s likely setup to record “what you hear” – otherwise the output from your machine/Karaoki, and NOT the line in. So in the recording app you may need to go into preferences and select the device/source you wish to record. It should say ‘line in’ or similar – you would want to select that over whatever is currently selected as the recording device/source.

SherylT
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response, Ryan. Actually I was just trying to use the “Sound Recorder” in Windows. Probably not the best, right? I do have Audacity installed, but don’t know how to use that. Do you know of a simple recording program that I could use to record performances?

In addition to Karaoki, I also have DEX 3RE.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Sheryl, I would actually try using Audacity – as you can select the recording device (input) in preferences.

Check out this video (I have it queued to the part you may need help with) https://youtu.be/9-yS57gXl5Q

Once you’ve selected your input/recording device you just click the big RED record button on the Audacity main interface.

DEX 3 (*full version only) has recording from line in etc, but DEX 3 RE and Karaoki do not.

SherylT
    Participant

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I see the last line of your message above says DEX 3RE and Karaoki can’t record from Audacity with Yamaha MG10XU (using USB). Is that correct?

Sheryl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.