Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

So I’ve been a Karaoki user for over a year now. I run this program on three HP computers. All of which work fine with the exception of the “typical” glitches you find in Karaoki. I recently bought a fourth computer. Straight out of the box. High specs. $1000 computer. I’m running the “full release” after two shows of working properly, Karaoki begins foreclosing, non responsive and super laggy. Restarts. Reinstalling Karaoki. Nothing is working in the middle of my show mind you. I had to give up on it and resorted to installing Roxbox to get through the night. I get on the phone with Tollen from Tech Support. Great guy does everything to help me out but it still lags. The new computer had issues with audio so I just say the hell with it and take the computer back. Trade up for an Asus with an I7 7th gen, 950m Nvidia GeForce Video card, 512GB SSD, Built in 2TB Hardrive, $1200 later. Try again.. Works great for another two shows then bam.. Same thing happens again! I don’t know what to do here. Tech heads.. Help please!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Astelo2007,

Please try the following to make sure it’s not a .NET environment issue (plus, install the latest beta instead of the old public release – as the public release is showing it’s age. There may be recent windows 10 updates impacting how it runs vs the more recent build).

First, open the Karaoki File Manager (START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> PCDJ KARAOKI -> KARAOKI FILE MANAGER) and click reset at the bottom (click OK to all items it asks) Close the Karaoki File Manager – Then do this:

Go to Add Remove Programs:

Remove/Uninstall any visual C++ runtime installation you see – there may be a few, ranging from 2005, 2008 and 2010. Remove them ALL. Then, install the new KARAOKI update below – Karaoki will automatically install the Visual C++ runtime code we use, only. Often different versions of the runtime libraries will conflict – it’s imperative Karaoki has a “clean” .NET environment.

You can download the latest Karaoki update and install from this link: http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.6368.exe

Open up Karaoki, activate it again with your code, re-import your music after this and see how she runs.

Also, you can make sure Karaoki is using your high end Nvidia graphics card by following this guide (it’s likely not using it now): http://www.pcdj.com/making-sure-dex3-vdj-software-uses-dedicated-graphics-card-windows/

Let me know how it goes!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

BTW. are you running any other software at the same time? Make sure you optimize the new machine, they are never ‘road ready’ out of the box. Here’s some tips: http://www.pcdj.com/optimizing-your-windows-computer-for-karaoke-software/

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll go through all of that right now and get back to you. The only software running in alongside this is SongbookDB plugin.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

So I followed all of those instructions. Early report is that Karaoki is back to running normal. Would it make any difference if I was running the program stand alone without SongbookDB, no AUX cord plugged in and no HDMI output?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

OK, glad to hear it! I don’t think it would make a difference – but only way to tell is by hooking all those items back up and see how everything plays together. It could be something with the communication between the applications, so I’m also curious what the outcome would be once everything is setup as it normally would be when performing live.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

So I’m simulating the environment by plugging in a pair of headphones which should kick in that driver and plugging the HDMI into my home television. Everything is still apparently working fine. Strangely enough, I’m not running into the BGM issues I had with this build before too.. Did a fresh install fix that too?? I wonder if that’s the problem for most. I always tried to install things from the previous full release to the new BETA.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

I’m going to keep stress testing it for awhile and give you an update. If that’s all it took to fix the BGM, I’ll be ecstatic.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

I didn’t even erase my singer data and cases either.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it’s working out! I do not think this will fix the BGM issue – we can re-create it on our development machines. Alan is hoping to finally get this addressed in the next public beta (he’s been attempting to post one for a couple weeks now – but had had to go back and continue to work with the BGM code).

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

That’s strange though.. I wonder why mine is working just fine then.. been running for a half hour straight.. song for song.. no BGM fade in like before. That issue used to come up almost immediately.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant
    asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

So I have had some developments narrowing down the issues that I’ve been having with closures and slow response times. I found that this problem only sometimes occurs when utilizing a specific set of HDMI video equipment I have in my arsenal. I was even able to recreate the issue on a secondary backup computer immediately after connecting it to an HDMI 2 Way splitter and pressed the “Screen 2” button. (The issue is happening when the SCREEN 2 is on the Extended Screen for the video monitor.) I am able to get the slow processing of the program to stop when I disengage the “Screen 2” button. Then the karaoke track will start normally. After that I would turn on the “Screen 2” button to bring back the lyrics for the singer which would work properly. After the singer does his/her song, I turn off “Screen 2” button to have the program work again. I would have to repeat this process over and over again all night long. If I leave “Screen 2” engaged, it would malfunction and eventually crash between transitions from the BGM to Playing a Karaoke Track. I’m just wondering if this is a software problem with Karaoki or is this something caused by the HDMI Splitter as it only happens when using that set of equipment and was able to be recreated it on a Second back up computer loaded with Karaoki. Any ideas would be helpful.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I would lean heavily towards the issue being hardware (graphics card/drivers for graphics card) and/or HDMI splitter related. We have many Karaoki users that utilize splitters (in venues they are almost always used) and we do not have any indication that the issues you’re reporting have happened to others. Maybe try another splitter box? Update your graphics card drivers?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.