Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

New Product Launched!

If you have messy karaoke file names or various karaoke file naming conventions in your karaoke library Karaoke File Name Fixer ($19.99) for Windows can help!

Karaoke File Name Fixer allows you to batch rename your karaoke files (MP3+G and Zipped MP3+G) so they all conform to one standard file naming convention. For example, you can batch rename all your karaoke music to: “TrackID – Artist – Title”.

Best of all, Karaoke File Name Fixer is organized into a single menu with sequential, easy-to-follow steps that will walk you through the process of analyzing and identifying your various naming conventions so you can then batch fix them all at once – even if you have a massive (and/or overly messy) karaoke library.

Karaoke File Name Fixer Screen Shot

Learn more and download a free trial here

SherylT
    Participant

Hi, Ryan, and again, thank you for PCDJ Karaoki! I’m intrigued by your File Name Fixer program. Right now, my Library on my computer consists of a lot of folders of songs. When I switched over from CAVS system, all my songs were just numbered, so my folders are 1001-2000, 2001-3000, etc. Also have folders with zip files of songs I have downloaded from Karaoke-version.

The program seems to be running fine, but I was thinking of “cleaning up” everything into one folder. Do you think that would be a good idea? If so, what would be the best way to remove current library and start “new”?

SherylT

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hi Sheryl,

Yes, try it on one folder first. What happens is Karaoke File Name Fixer will make duplicates of the files from the folder and output them to a folder of your selection. Only after you test the files do you delete the original copies. Let me know if you have any further questions!

SherylT
    Participant

Sorry . . . just one more quick question. I think I read somewhere this program only works with Windows 10. Is that correct? I’m currently running Windows 7.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Try the demo, it should work on Windows 7 now too (last update). If you have tried the demo and it’s been opening up for you then it’ll work just fine on your machine.

NG03
    Participant

Hi, I’m struggling with file fixer to solve a single problem. Some of my files are named (as the artist):
    VS1036 Madonna
    (as an example)
    How do I separate out the VS number from the artists name on a batch of around 2000 songs ?

Thanks,

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

File Name Fixer should walk through this this actually, did you reference the help guide? It will help you define and find your different tags (how many tags) so you can then choose to re-arrange the naming convention. Your separation character would be the space in your example, but that is definitely an odd naming convention to start with.

It would be helpful if we can take a look at your file list. “Export File List” is located at the right side of Step 2, then send us the Excel file that is created (to rsherr AT PCDJ dot com). That will allow me to look at the database of file names and hopefully give me a clue as to what’s going on.

strike3
    Participant

Tried to install this for a trial but get an error:
    “We cant install the 32bit version of Office because we found the following 64bit programs on your pc
    Office 16 click to run extensibility component”
    I have access installed is it due to this ?
    Any help woould be appreciated.
    Thanks

enewbold
    Participant

Yep. I got the same message, and I too use Office 26 64-bit.

“We cant install the 32bit version of Office because we found the following 64bit programs on your pc
    Office 16 click to run extensibility component”

Hope this gets fixed someday. Would like to use this utility!
    Thanks,
    Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.