Back to General PCDJ Discussions
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JCPhoenix
    Participant

Hello,

I apologize if any of these questions seem naive. I’m brand new to the world of KJ, and the bar I work at has to get new software (and new hardware) since Tricerasoft’s entire existence seems to have died.

After looking into a ton of different karaoke software, I’m most impressed with the features I’ve read up on Karaoki and Songbook DB. Hopefully you guys can give me the info I need to impress the owners I’m researching for.

1. We currently use a laptop and smaller TV/Monitor (latter is lyrics display for the singer); I know the features said we’d be good there with Karaoki. What I would like, though, is to add one of our larger TVs in the bar as a second lyrics-only display. I.E. The small monitor is for the singer to see lyrics; the larger TV is for the crowd to see the lyrics. Is this a possibility with this software?

2. The Karaoke Music Subscription option from the Features section seems a little odd. So, I pay $49.99 a month for the subscription, but the feature states “You can search, purchase and download karaoke tracks from the built karaoke store” as if I still have to pay for songs individually despite the description. I would love some more clarity regarding this. Also, I don’t have time at this moment to call the phone number, so a bit of explaining on the “Rather purchase and own the KCP karaoke library outright” option would be absolutely great.

3. Also, I’m very curious about how new the music in the subscription is, brand new, 6 months, a year, etc.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and information you folks can provide. Again, after seeing all the other options out there I really think this is the software we need. I just want to make sure before I make the proposal up the chain.

JCPhoenix
    Participant

(Also, quick followup, the “Get Bundle Offer” button on the Karaoki Features page (the bundle for File Maker and Karaoki) appears to be broken.)

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello, and sorry for the delay in response!

To answer your questions:

1. We currently use a laptop and smaller TV/Monitor (latter is lyrics display for the singer); I know the features said we’d be good there with Karaoki. What I would like, though, is to add one of our larger TVs in the bar as a second lyrics-only display. I.E. The small monitor is for the singer to see lyrics; the larger TV is for the crowd to see the lyrics. Is this a possibility with this software?

You would run out of your single HDMI output from your computer to an HDMI splitter – and from there to your 2 displays (which would display the lyrics). Example > https://goo.gl/esWNSa

2. The Karaoke Music Subscription option from the Features section seems a little odd. So, I pay $49.99 a month for the subscription, but the feature states “You can search, purchase and download karaoke tracks from the built karaoke store” as if I still have to pay for songs individually despite the description. I would love some more clarity regarding this. Also, I don’t have time at this moment to call the phone number, so a bit of explaining on the “Rather purchase and own the KCP karaoke library outright” option would be absolutely great.

The data does indeed seem incorrect. You get exactly what this page explains you get – 4000+ songs (with more added weekly) for $49.99 a month.

We can also sell the entire (existing) KCP catalog for 50-cents-a-song, otherwise $2K for the entire library. You would own it outright vs renting access. You can call for that option: 877-999-7235 x 1

There is a “karaoke cloud store” in Karaoki as well where you can purchase ala carte downloads, but those songs are already included with the KCP subscription so you wouldn’t need to.

3. Also, I’m very curious about how new the music in the subscription is, brand new, 6 months, a year, etc.

It’s a mix of older classics and newer hits, but they don’t have a boatload of new stuff. Most KCP subscribers end up purchasing some songs to supplement what Digitrax currently includes with the subscription. Here are few websites where you can purchase legal karaoke downloads that work with Karaoki (I would also stick to MP3+G downloads and not MP4, for now).

Thank you in advance for any assistance and information you folks can provide. Again, after seeing all the other options out there I really think this is the software we need. I just want to make sure before I make the proposal up the chain.

You’re welcome!

Per this comment:
    “(Also, quick followup, the “Get Bundle Offer” button on the Karaoki Features page (the bundle for File Maker and Karaoki) appears to be broken.)”

I just tested the link on the Karaoki product page and it does seem to be perfectly valid. Are you clicking on it from our page here?

Here’s a direct link for the bundle regardless (let me know if it works for you!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.