Tagged: , ,

Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CHF_2012
    Participant

Hi all!

I am trying to get video to work in Karaoki. I have read the two articles, seen the references to K-Lite’s codex working to get video in Karaoki on these forums but I haven’t gotten it working locally.

I have the most recent beta software. I have installed the default setup of K-Lite. I have a new computer sold by PCDJ running Windows 10. Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong, what I need to do to get the positive results you’ve had w/ K-Lite, Karaoki, and videos?

Thanks!

Craig

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Craig,

Some Karaoki users have had luck with K-lite, others with CCCP, but this one I have had more luck than any with recently. Try this codec pack (restart machine afterwards) and try again: http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/download-codec.php

Also, others have suggested that by installing Quicktime it places the required codecs on the system for Karaoki to play most video formats including what’s becoming very commonplace, MP4.

You can download/install quicktime on this page and see if that does the trick in the event the codec pack above does not: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL762?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Codec’s are finicky things as you are likely well aware. There’s not ‘one size fits all’ so you just have to run through the full gamut of options to see which one does the trick.

CHF_2012
    Participant

Hi Ryan!

Thanks and thanks for all the helpful videos on your YouTube channel!!! After watching them all, I feel like I have a good handle on using Karaoki.

I’ve now tried every codec you’ve mentioned, none work for me. Some put up a little video window and maybe play some sound before Karaoki crashes but that’s it. I have uninstalled, rebooted, done everything I can think of except trying random codecs from the internet. I think I will conclude for now that I need new or updated codecs to work on my new HP touchscreen laptop from PCDJ and/or for Windows 10. Hopefully if somebody finds a codec which works with either or both, they’ll post it here or let you know and you’ll post it here. In the mean time I will enjoy all my non-video content, which is plenty good enough for the moment.

Thanks again!

Craig

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.