Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 86 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author

mlogan
    Participant

Will there ever be an android version of DEX?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes indeed – the iOS version of DEX 3 will launch first, and it should come out this year (sometime in December). Android will follow shortly after.

We’re going to wrap up DEX 3.8 first with some killer new features, but after it’s released the focus will shift to getting the mobile apps to market. It’s going to be a full-fledged DJ mixing application that mirrors the audio mixing features found in the full version of DEX 3 – it will NOT be like the DJ DEX version currently available for iOS.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

A little DEX android edition teaser image to build your anticipation 😉

DEX Android Edition Teaser

matty507
    Participant

I have stuck with PCDJ for years. PCDJ Red to VJ to Dex 1,2 and 3. You have promised text to screen for years. Haven’t seen it since VJ. Honestly guys, I feel like a broken record. Will you ever integrate it? Seems to me its about the smartest thing to have in a program geared for video, no? I’m just baffled.

Dave4pk
    Participant

Matty507.
    I think you need to update your Dex3 mate. It’s been there for a few months now mate.

jtnmartinho
    Participant

Hi!

Two questions. Does DEX 3 support “set loop start”, as PCDJ DEX 1 did?
    It’s one of the reasons I still use DEX 1, and PCDJ DEX (never found it on other software).

Does the playlist support “open all incluind subfolders”, like DEX 1?

Regards,
    João

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes indeed, Matty – we’ve had the new text, image and video overlays feature since 3.7. More info and a video tutorial here: http://www.pcdj.com/text-image-and-video-overlays-dex-3/

Also, with 3.8 (coming mid December) you’ll have an updated skin with quicker access to loading/selecting your created overlays. The 3.8 update will have a number of other major upgrades, too.

João, I do recall that feature from DEX 1 – where you could loop the last 4 beats (or the like) instead of the next 4. I have put this in our to-do list, but it hasn’t been much of a high priority (very limited requests, but of course mainly from DEX 1 users). Keep in mind DEX 3 is a completely different product built from scratch with a different team and different goals in mind. Some things have been simplified, but of course we’ve added a lot including all the video capabilities/karaoke.

You don’t have ‘open including subfolders’ – but you can right click on a folder under explorer/folder and say ‘new playlist from folder’ to generate a list from that folder (which will include all files from any subfolders). Works much in the same way. Of course, many just scan all files into the database as a master list, then nest their folders as favorites for browsing.

ophillips
    Participant

I love it! What I’d love to see is subfolders of my playlist. Easier for sorting and tidy too !

Viewing 8 posts - 86 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.