Back to DEX 3 RE Support Forum
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

OK DJs, here’s your chance to provide your list of features you would like to see added to DEX 3 RE!

We will check these forums often for your feedback and suggestions.

Bombs Away!

chipz222
    Participant

Hi ryan a few things i would like to see added to RM3
    1: when the database is made it would be handy to have one database for music and a seperate one for Karaoke
    so if you had to change a hard drive for what ever reason or do an update and reorganisation it would make life a lot easier? Or get the database to recognise duplicate files, debs karaoke & sax & Dotty does that is there a reason PCDJ dont ?

2: A seperate side list for music & karaoke? so have the music in a play list that will auto load from the play list but just have the karaoke as a drag and drop option ?

3: A video window like Dex 3 to view the karaoke song thats playing in the interface, that way KJ doesnt have to leave his post when singing and is in full control of the operation.i like dex 3 but i find it too complicated and cluttered for my liking

RoyP
    Participant

Hey Ryan,
    I’m so glad you guys are opening up a discussion on a wish list for the PCDJ products. We have emailed each other on this wish a few times so now I’m hoping that the “coding gods” will grant it this time.
    My #1 wish is it have Red3 search songs by “Date Added”. When I update my music every week with iDJPool I’m uploading 20-30 songs or sometimes I will miss a few weeks of updates and load 50-60-70 songs at a time and it would be great to search all the songs I recently added in Red3 without switching and going into iTunes especially when I haven’t put them in a playlist yet.
    Thanks again and I’ll be looking for an Red3 update soon…… wishing really hard.
    Best to you,
    Roy
    ThePartyMusic
    Charleston,SC

RoyP
    Participant

Hey Ryan,
    I wanted to check in to see how the wish list is going and although there are only 2 “wishes” I’m wondering if they will become a reality soon?
    I look forward to hearing for you soon.
    Thanks again,
    Roy
    The Party Music
    Charleston,SC

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

While there’s only two posts, there are a few requests 🙂

The wishlist forum is here for development to review and people to share their wants, of course. However, we will not post timelines publicly, or tip our hat to exactly what’s coming and when. Just know that these items are not going unnoticed!

Thanks

imagoodolboy
    Participant

I would like to be able to sort or move my play lists. Either alphabetize or drag them.

I like the idea of the sort feature by date added as well

Dave4pk
    Participant

I know that you can record mixes from Dex3, but would it be possible to record Karaoke too? I use a Dynacord MP7 mixing desk which I could send back to my laptop input with the music and vocals mixed together but would Dex3 accept this?

Phat Man Blues
    Participant

Has been a long while since I’ve visited PCDJ forums. Glad I found the new version, too.
    As always I also appreciate a wish list.
    As another poster suggested I would love to be able to sort my user-created lists (folders/cases).
    As many have said since the feature was removed I would really like to be able to auto-play from any list/folder and not just from the side list. it is just not “DJ friendly” when you want to auto-play while you prep a list of requests, other songs, etc…

Thanks for asking!

PMB

Phat Man Blues
    Participant

Ryan,
    I was reading your reply below from another post and I would find it very helpful if I could determine if I was seeing multiple “old tags/links” versus multiple versions of the same file (song). However, I certainly don’t want to delete all the user lists I have created.

Thanks.

PMB

“The issue is that the search cache/internal database are ‘hidden’ and will still contain the old tags/links from the duplicate files. We are working on a recurse function that will automatically address this, but for now you would really have to delete the DB file from documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> database (inside that folder). This will clear out everything from the database list, to user lists and the internal database and search cache. So you would be starting with a completely fresh empty browser.

Phat Man Blues
    Participant

One more wish:

More (frequent) forum participation from all the PDCJ users out there!

And how about a way to delete forum posts I’ve created?

Ooops! That would be two wishes wouldn’t it? How about a hope and a wish? Dream and a prayer?

PMB

Phat Man Blues
    Participant

I still have the scrolling issue that Ryan and I tried to troubleshoot a long while back. If I don’t get the far right column in just the right place and then lock it when I go to drag the side bar in any section it responds like I’m using a touch screen and dragging the list down rather than trying to drag the scroll bar down so the list moves up (you know from the first song to the 100th song not vice versa).

Thanks.

PMB

bernhug
    Participant

hi ryan trust you well, its been a very long time iv just purchased the new software and that seems really very good thank you
    just a few comments that would be very handy. being able to change the background colour and font colour.
    and iv just run out of user list space, need a few more ta, or as you did in the original red 5.2 have 70> then abba>northern> etc?
    can the slide toggle thats semi clear, can it have a colour? im struggling to see it or find it
    i have dex re here on test at the moment with just one user list selected, its not moving down the centre list as it plays a track, it just plays the same two songs over and over, am i doing somthing wrong?
    is there a way of moving the user lists up and down so the ones youre playing at the time e.g. 70s can be put to the top instead of say 2017 music. and maybe colour the active one. i have just spent the last three days loading it whith music its nice to see it will handle many thousands. im so impressed with the new version i just have a these few niggles that may or may not be me thank you bernie

Phat Man Blues
    Participant

Ryan, are you out there? You usually respond pretty quickly to posts with questions.

Just wondering….

PMB

bernhug
    Participant

hi iv been using the new dex3 re (3.7.5.1) for a month or so, i have a couple of issues 1) i find it difficult to read being white txt on black, black text on a light background is so much easier to see and maybe a point size or two bigger, 2) when its played down the play list how do i make it move to the next list over? or how do i make it play tracks from the main list (middle one) instead of just playing the last 2 tracks it loaded off the play list over and over till it get manual input?
    couldnt find any help on these issues
    thank b

Dave4pk
    Participant

Hi Ryan.
    I know this has been mentioned before, but is there any development on adding Songbookdb to Dex3 so that requests are automatically loaded to the playlist?
    I am a huge fan of Dex3 and Songbookdb. Having the 2 working side by side would be perfect.
    Dave.

mr respondent
    Participant

First of all, congrats on the release of 3.8, i am very impressed with it. Coming to improvements for the next version.

1/. When I am VJ’ing and then going to karaoke I dont want the track to play till i am ready. So a dedicated mix now for karaoke button would be useful that would end the current playing track cross fade to the waiting karaoke and STOP…waiting for the next press of play to continue….people are notoriously slow when being called up and other things come up from time to time, The other way would be a button that allows current player to run but cross fades to karaoke player but not starting the karaoke track. That way when set on external mixer you can continue to play music till the singer is ready to go…and hey presto no gaps….I already do this by leaving the current player running but it would be nice for the cross fader to fade and display the karaoke so that potential singer can see it on the screen…i havent been keen on using the karaoke setting on pcdj as it shows the order of singers and means you cannot change it so easily

RoyP
    Participant

Hello Ryan,

So I wanted to repost to see if Dex 3 RE will ever have the option to search songs by “Date Added”. When I update my music every week with iDJPool I’m uploading 20-30 songs or sometimes I will miss a few weeks of updates and load 50-60-70 songs at a time and it would be great to search all the songs I recently added in Dex 3 RE without switching and going into iTunes especially when I haven’t put them in a playlist yet. I have created a few “Smart Lists” but they aren’t as helpful as a “Most Recent” list.
    Love to get a few ideas from you or other posters.
    Hope to see it happen one day
    Roy

bernhug
    Participant

hi ryan
    a few ideas for a wish list
    i was trying to compile a special play e.g happy birthday, a fanfare, first dance, etc. and the 10 or so must plays as well as a general play list, it got to be impossible to add the special requests and general plays for several reasons mainly it keeps wanting to play the track id just added this is awkward when its for the first dance, so i was thinking it would be a great idea if red had 3 scalable columns instead of 2. along with a bigger font or an adjustable one and how about changing the background colour. next: have all the artists names in say purple as a permanent or something that stands out. it would be a good idea if the user folders were movable. at the moment i have to create the folders in reverse order, but to be able to move them if im playing say a 60s night i can put that folder at the top instead of 12 down and keep scrolling for it, it would also be a good idea to add a button that opens notepad it would save me having a bit of paper up against the screen or some way of making notes would be very helpful, also if the push wheel auto scroll mouse function was activated. but above all i would like to see black text on a light background with a scalable font or font options or just a bigger font. i am so struggling with the font issue, i seem to spend more time trying to read the titles than read the audience, i would hate to go back to the old red version.

problem
    oh yes while i remember, in the play list when i right click to load a track to either deck or use the load button, it fails to remove it from the play list it then will load it all over again in the other deck and plays it and if i dont remove it manually it will keep on loading it again and again.
    thanks
    cheers bern

Lesniewski
    Participant

This may seem very simple to some, but I would like to see a small clock added to keep track of time. This can be useful when your doing a wedding or other event that goes by a schedule.

jahman26
    Participant

I would like to see the version column put back. As was in the red mobile. as i said before. i bought the Dex, have had it for over a year but still using the red mobile. I know you said the Dex is your own development, but to redesign something and just drop thing people got use to is not good. then for you just to say use another column is also not what i wanted to hear. i am looking for another DJ software to use as i don’t know what you will suddenly drop when you produce a new software. new software is good but removing things we got use to is not good. I have to switch between Red and Dex. Dex for karaoke and red for DJing. as a reggae DJ, reggae has lots of riddim track. same riddim different lyrics. I use the version column to group them together. giving different name to different riddim.

I once praised your software but find it had to know.

Wrighty

bernhug
    Participant

hi ryan i would like to see and auto save or a save button so its like most other programs that saves automatically as they go along rather than save when its closing down its a bit of an inconvience adding track whilst your at a gig and cant save it. and some way of locking off protecting the track listings make then read only, twice iv deleted an entire list by accident because it wasn’t clear which column i was on, so thinking i was on the play list i deleted it and it turned out to be the list i was working on. oops. i would also like to see a way of adding a cue point to tracks so it will alway go there when clicking cue. same as in red. and the usual better colours, black on white, bigger fonts, requests list e.g a wait list as per the original red turn it on turn it off, some way of adding temp notes
    cheers
    bern

bernhug
    Participant

hi ryan is there a way of making the track entries protected so you can’t accidently delete or remove the track entry from the list? i find it difficult to tell which list is working and i accidently remove a track from the list so now ive no idea which song/s were removed. and can you make an auto save, thanks

Kingofsing
    Participant

Hi Ryan,
    I would like this version to have the key change added for Karaoke tracks.
    Then this would be perfect for me.
    Thanks

maze
    Participant

Hi Ryan, I’m not so sure this should be a “wish,” as it seems more like a bug, but perhaps there is some positive aspect to this implementation I am not understanding. But i believe that when you turn autoplay off, the crossfader should return to the middle. If there is indeed some advantage to having it stay 100% on the playing deck when autoplay is turned off, then perhaps there could be an option for one or the other.

maze
    Participant

Hi Ryan, It’s a rather small thing but it sure would be nice if when you hit the “X” to clear the search box, the cursor automatically came up in the search box to start typing.

bernhug
    Participant

hi ryan subject wish list: a few ideas
    i would like to see
    an auto save: because iv had a few instances where iv been making new playlists and something goes wrong
    bigger fonts or adjustable font size not by much variable by 2 to 4 point sizes might be good
    different coloured text and background
    and auto: update might be good
    be able to move the play lists up or down ( column on the left)
    being able to leave it to play from the main playlist as well as being able to have a like a wait list. so in essence when its run out of track in the play list (far right) it will then start playing from the centre list so theres continual music and not as now it just plays the same two songs over and over till its got new songs. a bit awkward once in a while when im away talking to clients and it takes longer than expected. or like now i just want some music so i can leave it to play.
    or add a wait list aswell with a toggle button
    make the scroll bars permanent or more visible.
    i think that will do for now.
    i must say i do like this version its on a par with red
    thanks bernie

bernhug
    Participant

i have another idea can you make the clock the same size as the word DEX on the left corner and maybe swap them over put DEX in the middle? and what about some way of writing notes e.g notepad so they stay on top so they can be read when you have a bride and groom, birthday etc dedications etc.
    cheers bernie

• This reply was modified 6 days, 13 hours ago by  bernhug.

bernhug
    Participant

i have a comment do you think you could fix this issue? when i load a track from the play list (right column) if i load the track manually ( click the top button or right click and load deck> it then dosen’t remove it from the play list, if i just let RE load the track it will then remove the track from the list. are you aware or this?
    cheers bernie

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.