Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sinner1168
    Participant

So I was doing a show last night and at one point DEX stopped responding. I had to force a restart on my MAC. After that DEX opens and I can load a song, karaoke, video on the deck but when i go to play it Dex Crashes. I’ve tried deleting and rebuilding my database, unInstalling and reinstalling DEX to no avail. I also just noticed that this happens only on Deck 1. I can load Deck 2 and tracks play fine.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  sinner1168.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Are you running the new 3.9.0.8 update we posted last week? Please be sure you are, grab it here: http://www.pcdj.com/support/dex-3-support/

Have you tried deleting your settings and re-launching DEX 3 to see if you have the same issue? Just delete the “preferences” file from Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Settings.

What were you doing at the time of the crash, specifically?

Please let me know if that corrects things!

sinner1168
    Participant

OK Great! I deleted the preferences file like you instructed that that resolved the issue for me. I appreciate that. I was searching for a song in my database when this happened. There was a song playing on Deck one and while i was typing the song name i was searching for the program and laptop became unresponsive. I forced a reboot and had to wait for my external hard drive (that contains my Music and karaoke files) to run Mac’s version of chkdsk. Once that completed, that’s when i started running into the crash I described above. I believe this issue was more the laptop as opposed to the program. Ha Ha the one time i don’t take my backup laptop to a gig!!! Thank you again for the suggestion and quick response! Oh and yes I am running the latest version of DEX

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  sinner1168.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that helped! We did find a bug that was causing a crash when loading/playing on MAC. It’s fixed in the new 3.9.0.9 update we posted last night. Get it here: http://www.pcdj.com/dj-mixing-software-update-to-dex-3-9-0-9-now/

sinner1168
    Participant

Actually it started crashing again as i started using it to test last night. I saw the 3.9.0.9 update and downloaded and installed it. Been testing it all day today with no issues. Thanks and I appreciate your speedy response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.