Back to General PCDJ Discussions
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mrmagoo
    Participant

If take the database from one computer and move it to my back up computer does it merge the files or just overwrite them? If it overwrites them is there a way to merge them? For instance I use my backup for announcing and playing music for ball games, but I don’t use the main one. I want them both to be the same so that when I take the backup to a wedding, prom etc I can merge the data together so that both are identical.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No way to merge, it will replace the existing DB completely. You can swap between them *using backup/restore” – but you can’t load two instances and merge them like that.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No, no way to merge two DB’s like that. You can swap between them using “backup/restore” but can’t load two instances simultaneously.

mrmagoo
    Participant

Well that sucks for me. What I would really like to have is 2 identical computers for weddings, proms etc. Then i would need one for sports, is there a way that I can do that with the license i have now? I would need another computer obviously.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, your license permits activation on three different computers. So you’re good for another two machines per activation code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.