Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mrmagoo
    Participant

I have been trying to build a playlist, about the 4th or 5th time that I click on the X to clear the search box it turns red and freezes. Does not do it on a specific word or search. This is making me start to rethink about upgrading. I am using 3.6.0.1 Dex 3 on a windows 10 i5 core 1TB hard drive with 12 GB ram. 20 gig of audio files only.

sedjphil
    Participant

I would upgrade to 3.6.1.0 and give it a go it does feel better to use you can always roll back to 3.6.0.1
    But as Ryan has posted he recommends all to upgrade I had a problem with karaoke files loading on 3.6.1.0
    But that has been sorted now by the team.

mrmagoo
    Participant

I have upgraded to 3.6.1.0 and so far that seems to be working. As I am running it and testing I have had two sound drops. Everything playing fine and no sound. Then it just came back. I will play the two songs again just to see if it is the songs.

mrmagoo
    Participant

Played the two songs again and nothing. As I was typing this it dropped out again. I went to latency and dropped it to 128 instead of 256 and it started playing again. Using a numark DJiO 2 sound card set to ASIO, it defaults to 256 sample rate, latency 5.8 mS.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

256 is the higher sample rate so a larger buffer – you’d want to RAISE the sample rate number if you want to increase the buffe size/increase latency.

I haven’t had any audio drop outs so far, but that does indicate memory usage may be spiking or being affected by some other process (maybe in the background?). You could try the larger sample rate if you continue to have any audio issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.