Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mrmagoo
    Participant

Went to use the color buttons to mark some songs. The colors don’t line up with the button colors. For example when we used the blue button it turned the song red. When we used the cyan button it turned yellow. A question, in the side list if you click on top of the title, artist area it turns the text in that column purple. How do you turn that off and what is the purpose of that. I am using the toggle/spreadsheet mode. Thanks.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The button colors all line up perfectly here – could you be using the older skin style? That could be it. If you use the 3.5 skins (more recent versions) for DEX 3 that color buttons are all aligned properly. I just tested this. I will have to check the older pre-3.5 skins. You would be missing out on quite a bit of functionality using the older style skins as well, such as on-screen access to the text, image and video overlays.

The purpose of the color purple is to show you what filed you have currently sorted by. So you know what is sorted. Likely not as important in spreetsheet view mode, but for the default view mode it is. There is no way to turn this off, I don’t recall any requests to do so either.

mrmagoo
    Participant

Thanks for the answer on the field sort. knowing what it does now does not bother me if I can’t turn it off. How do you chose which way you sort the field? Maybe a little video to show and explain. I will check the skins when i get home, but I have had the on screen access to the text image and video overlays for some time.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You can click on the column headers to sort (click artist, it sorts by artist, click title, it sorts down by title, etc). That’s what will change the highlight color (purplish). In the default view mode, use the SORT button to sort.

Very odd if you’re using a current skin and the color buttons aren’t applicable to the color displayed – what resolution are you running? Wondering if it’s specific to the skin size loaded. I’m at 1920×1080 and the buttons work as they should.

mrmagoo
    Participant

Thanks again for that info. I will do some more research tonight when I get home. When you click the say, the artist it sorts alphabetically. Then if you click again does it return it to the previous order or do another sort? Just trying to figure it out, so it can be used to my advantage if needed.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  mrmagoo.

mrmagoo
    Participant

I am using 1920×1080 also. If I use the color button to the far left, first one in the bar it is a deeper blue and when you click it, all the letters turn and stay red. Cyan is yellow. Skins are the Dex 3.8 skins. Do I need to submit a support ticket? I did not think that it was that big of a deal, but there must be something going on.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yeah, all the buttons apply here exactly how they are displayed – correct colors. I would put in a ticket but this is an odd one indeed. I don’t recall seeing anything mentioned regarding this in our support meetings!

mrmagoo
    Participant

It must be something in the two main ones I use as they are set-up the same. I have a third one that i use for sports that is different then the other two and it lines up correctly. I will send in a ticket tonight when I get home.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.