Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 77 posts - 171 through 247 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

This is really bad news for me.

For my gigs it is necessary for me to have full manual control over my rotation list as I have a very dynamic audience with too many singers who jump in and out. I seldom ever stick with a fixed rotation, because I get too many new singers during the night and have to be able to quickly drag & drop tracks up and down to accommodate new singers and old ones together as the night progresses (aka new singers get proiority, but old singers can’t wait TOO LONG before singing again). This also applies differently to the crowds I have in 4 different karaoke venues with completely different karaoke systems/methods, where some have a “song genre” based rotation and others have a “competition” based setup All this coupled in with the fact that my gig timings are very dynamic and both “crowd-based” and “venue manager-based” means that a “Fixed Rotation” makes my life a nightmare!

When I first tried Karaoki, it was set on “Fixed Rotation Mode” by default and I tried it for a couple of weeks (using a cracked version). While the software was great, the rotation drove me CRAZY, so eventually I started looking for other software to make my life easier… then I stumbled on a post that Karaoki has a “normal playlist mode”, and that’s when I finally enjoyed using the software and purchased it…

Unfortunately, I’ll have to stick with this version and hope it continues to work for me, otherwise I might need to find another software; which is really sad because I really love Karaoki…

I just wish you had mentioned this before paying for the software!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

ok, now I’m confused…

Will karaoki itself still have “list mode” or not?
    This is crucial for me…

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

There WILL be two versions of Karaoki, the first only has a Fixed rotation mode, the second will have List and Performer modes.

If you have a licence for the current version of Karaoki you will be to use BOTH versions. however we will also sell the simple List/Performer mode version as a separate version.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Ok, so the version WITH “List Mode”.. how will it be different than the current one? (you say it will be “lighter”??)

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Jp, we don’t have all the details of the new product yet, and aren’t at a point where we can share what it will entail publicly.

Keep in mind this decision is a new one – based on list mode being somewhat dated from a code standpoint, it’s also creating some issues with some of the newer functions of the software. Like doubling singers, and re-ordering the list when adding/removing singers. We only decided to move away from list mode about 2 weeks ago.

The way you use the rotation is fairly unique, but I personally feel you can do all of those items just as easily with fixed mode – which had some issues early on, but shouldn’t now. You can just as easily move singers around, pull them out of rotation, etc as in list mode.

Thanks

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

I very much doubt this, Ryan… as mentioned I tried Rotation Mode for 2 whole weeks (6 gigs and some home practice) before I decided it just wasn’t worth it.. And yes, I DO have issues with the current list mode automatically screwing-up rotation whenever I try to remove a track from rotation… but I would MUCH RATHER just throw that track to bottom and ignore it for now, than have to deal with my “Fixed Rotation” nightmare…

However, for the sake of flexibility, I will give it another shot with “fixed rotation” mode and hope that my current longer experience with Karaoki might help make it somewhat better… and I’ll get back to you with my findings.

Meep70
    Participant

I use Fixed Mode regularly, but throw in some twists. New users get added to the middle of the list, rather than the bottom, and if a singer doesn’t respond when I call them (outside smoking, restroom, otherwise not paying attention) they get moved down the list one or more slots, depending on the situation, venue, and crowd. When I have 30+ singers, be ready, or be skipped!

In the right-click menu, there are entries for move to bottom, move to top, and others that make things easier, when I remember that they are there. Feel free to ask questions, and I will help, however I can.

bertiepr
    Participant

Hi again, This link show the slider issue when playing mp4 tracks. Karaoki video capture

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Getting more & more curious. I installed the Beta (0.8.5947.19455) on both my desktop & laptop systems. It works on my desktop but not my laptop. Not good for me since the laptop is what I use for shows. Reverting back to the previous Beta build, it works fine. Hope we don’t go to the latest build permanently. Anyone else run into this problem?

vinylmixer
    Participant

This is only my opinion, using fixed mode is far easier than list mode, I cannot see anything that list mode does that cannot be done using fixed mode. I was using list mode for a long time and found it a real pain trying to manually sort out the rotation on busy nights. When I eventually tried fixed mode I was annoyed with myself that it took me such a long time to change.
    Chris

Meep70
    Participant

After the last update, I had a REALLY smooth night, Friday night, with a rotation of 35+ singers. There were no crashes, no glitches, and everything just worked.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

That’s great Meep70! Unfortunately, I’m still having problems with using the program (newest build) with my laptop. I thought it might be a bad download of the update so I re-downloaded it several times, all with the same result. When I try to run it the program immediately crashes with a window that tells me it crashed and Windows is looking for a solution (which, of course, it never finds). When I revert to the previous build, it works fine again. Funny thing, I never had trouble with the older video engine until this newest reversion. I’ll keep working on it to see if there’s something I need to do with my hardware.

Meep70
    Participant

As a curiosity, you might try updating your video driver, if it there is a newer version, or downgrading, if there is an older version. Same thing with your driver for your sound card.

bertiepr
    Participant

The excuse that the codes are the reason why some mp4 can´t be played and that there is nothing that can be done is unacceptable to me . A program has to work well on any laptop that meets the requirements. It is the very first time as a DJ that I stumble with a software that works well only on certain machines. I tested virtually all other Karaoke software in the market and they all work perfectly with my mp4 files. I have installed a fresh Windows 10 version twice and tried many codecs packages. I did the same procedure in my 3 laptops: HP, Sony and AlienWare with the same results. For some reason Karaoki is the only program that can´t play all my mp4 tracks. Sometimes Karaoki crashes as soon as the track is loaded with a window that tells me it crashed and Windows is looking for a solution that never finds and I have to be restart it and sometimes it simply freezes. What saddens me most is that I feel that developers not give this issue the importance it deserves. It is a serious design flaw . It is something that simply should not happen. Maybe Karaoki needs its own video player with an integrated codec or an instruction to search for a specific codec. I am not a programmer, I can´t say how to solve this. But I can say this is not suppose to happen.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Can you send me one of the MP4’s you cannot play. I have here a fresh install of windows 10 with just the cccp codec pack installed and EVERY MP4 I have plays just fine, all 1000 of them…

Karaoki uses 32 bit directshow codecs, if you have a bad codec installed on your systems karaoki will not know that its bad and this will cause it to crash.

Even if Karaoki was distributed with codecs it cannot be forced to use a particular codec and may still end up using any bad directshow codecs you have installed.

Out of interest have you tried rolling back to a previous build of Karaoki, have you tried installing the last build that worked OK.on your machines or the release build?

Please remember this is a beta build.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

bertiepr – I understand where your coming from, completely.

It’s an issue because Karaoki isn’t a video player, relying on third-party codecs for video playback. I’m sure some of the other products you’ve tried are native video players. It hasn’t been a priority of us since most of our users over the last 8 years primarily use standard mp3+G/zipped karaoke files, but we have seen an increase in karaoke mp4 usage recently. We will be looking into options for a more universal solution for video playback in Karaoki, but for the most part, for now, codecs have done the trick for users – albeit tricky at times.

JKAHWATY
    JKAHWATY
    Participant

I have this happen the other night at a fundraiser and couldn’t figure how to correct it. Any help!
    Karaoki duplicate singers

bertiepr
    Participant

The duplicate singer is a recurrent issue. Less frequent now. To solve the issue you have to delete the duplicated singer from the list. Then, create a new record for the singer and add a number or letter after his name, ie: John 2. If you use the same name, it will be duplicated again until a software restart.

Meep70
    Participant

My experience with the duplicate singer issue is a bit different. Every time I have had it happen, I have merely deleted them from the show (saving their data) then re add them and drop them back in the rotation in the same place they were. I have not had the problem recur with the same singer, and have not had to rename them. I HAVE had the problem recur with a different singer. Typically, for me, it only happens about twice a night, when it happens, and it doesn’t happen every night–probably about every other show.

bertiepr
    Participant

I will try your method Meep70. In my case the recurrence is about once a week and after editing or deleting a singer.

flashback
    Participant

I’m having a problem with the database.
    Had a bad karaoke track which I replaced with a good one. Rebuilt the data base but when I did a search it came up in red and would not play. I tried closing the program and reopening it but still it had the same problems. I completely deleted that case then recreated the case and then the track showed up properly and played. I then went to edit the track info and one again I could not, it always shows the old info.

flashback
    Participant

Update:
    Out of nowhere edit changes appeared and track is correctly edited now.
    Not sure why.

myouse
    Participant

I’ve tried out your new release Build #0.8.5947.19455 Mar 13th 2016.
    Still seem to have problems with the BGM player kicking in when a karaoke song is playing.
    My setup, pause on load off, Auto Cue off, End Silence Detection 10s, End Silence Detection Level 1 Auto pause Disabled. Windows 10 on a laptop.
    The problem seems to start when the BGM playlist has played all the songs once, and restarts at the beginning and the ticks turn pink. The best way to reproduce the problem is to put 4 or 5 songs in the BGM player and let them play through. Once it starts at the beginning again, towards the end of a bgm song say for eg 30 seconds, start a karaoke track, when the BGM player stops and the next BGM song starts it will kick in with full volume. Not good when you’ve got someone singing. I only found the problem when I was creating a M3U playlist with Musicbee and then adding it to the player which for some reason Karaoki only reads some of the songs on the file, I think there was around 90 tracks and it only added around 60. But that’s another little bug. Not sure if it’s Musicbee or Karaoki, so gone back to winamp to make the files.

For now I’ve gone back to the 0.8.5633 Build but keep up the good work.

vinylmixer
    Participant

Hi myouse

I have just recreated the problem with the background music kicking back in when a Karaoki track is playing, I used the settings that you used. however if you enable auto pause it appears that this stops the problem. It seems that when auto pause is disabled the bgm volume fader goes down but the bgm track continues playing silently, it then kicks back in with volume when the next bgm track starts. Try enabling auto pause and see if this stops it for you.
    I did notice that the bgm music does not show any ticks to indicate that a track has been played. I an using the same version that you are using

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan
    I am trying the latest Beta 0.8.9547. I do not have many mp4 files but when I try to play them the volume slider moves to the bottom and will not allow me to drag it up, it then moves up slowly as the progress bar moves along, possibly reaching my desired maximum volume when the track has finished. I have never had any problems with mp4 files before this release.
    Thanks
    Chris

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions Meep70 and sorry for the delay in answering. Minor family emergency that’s kept me busy. Yes, tried reverting to my previous video drivers and also tried with the latest. Both the same. Karaoki won’t run. Immediately crashes. On the laptop I used your suggestion to modify the KJ.xml file to make it work before (to provide the extended screen as screen 2) so I even tried to revert that back to the original settings. Still no luck. Waiting for the next build to see if that helps.

Meep70
    Participant

Hang in there, Joe, It keeps getting better and better. It is like a dance, as a beta tester–two steps forward and one step back–but the dance is fun, and challenges me to stay sharp in different ways.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

You definitely got that right, Meep70! It sure does make life interesting though. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

flashback
    Participant

Am going to be doing a live singer show and would like to eliminate the dead air intro and outro altogether.
    “End Silence Detection Time” goes down to 5s. I would like 1s or even 0s so that the next song follows right away.

d4269
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am having a nightmare recently after the beta release on 1/4/16

I too (as several have said above) MUCH prefer the standard list type rotation system, where I’m completely in control. I want to be able to shuffle things to suit MY shows, rather than let the program do it for me. However for now, following Ryan’s kind advice, I’m using fixed rotation.

Whenever I try and remove a song from the rotation, it deletes other singers and changes my rotation completely. Even if I simply look at my rotation options it does this.

Towards the end of a show, there’s no way of stopping the ‘add a song or you will be skipped’ dialogue appearing on screen so I’m constantly bombarded with fresh requests even though I can’t take any more. If I delete singers from the rotation or from the show, I get the problem as above. Plus, any singers left in, have their songs duplicated in the rotation, so I have to delete them too and re-enter their name and song choice.

Any help gratefully received.
    Duncan

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Duncan,

How are you removing a song from rotation? You double-click the singers name, and just untick the box next to the song you no longer want in rotation (this will instantly remove it from rotation). You can also pull the singer out of rotation on the singer data screen, add songs from their history etc.

You can also remove the “add song or you will be skipped” message. Right click in the rotation list and go to rotation options – then click the option for “queued only”. Now it will not display that message.

Do not DELETE singers from the show unless you want to delete them and their history. Obviously it shouldn’t create the issue (changing rotation order, so we’ll look into that!) – but you simply double-click their name and click the IN ROTATION button to pull them out.

Again, this isn’t really a matter of not being able to manage the rotation manually like list mode – you just have to know how to do things. I can move singers around, pull singers in and out of rotation, reorder their queue etc – without any delay or issue. I think you just need to understand some of the concepts here – and hopefully my suggestions above will assist!

d4269
    Participant

Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply. Up to now I’ve tried two methods to remove a singer / song from the show. The method you suggest works ok, but I have multiple singers with very large song lists. I have to scroll through to find the song and un tick it. Very long winded. Or I right click, select remove singer, and my rotation is rearranged and partially deleted. I will now, however, try the In Rotation option and see how I get on.

At my next show (tomorrow) I’ll try the Queued Only option you suggest too, from the start. I dare not try it during the show as even bringing up the search options box seems to delete singers and rearrange my rotation lol!!

And I do fully accept that it is a process of ‘getting used to it’. I guess I’m just old skool and like to be in control. I’m sure I’ll get it in the end
    Duncan

d4269
    Participant

Hi Ryan, update an hour into the gig. I’ve loaded a show that I started last week. As I’ve now tried to add in a singer, the current rotation has duplicated several singers songs. If I click on their name and use the remove from rotation button the disappear, but re-entering them into the rotation brings back the duplication of song.

Also, whilst you’re absolutely right that using the queued only option means singers don’t appear on screen two, they still appear on my singers list. As soon as I’m over 20 singers in a rotation, I can’t help adding a song to an existing singer, not a new one. There’s no more room in the box. Also every time I enter a new song, I have to drag it up above all the ones waiting blankly

Duncan

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update!

There is an issue causing singer duplication in the beta as well – so you’ve pretty much run across all the known bugs 🙂 We expect a new beta next week that will hopefully squash ’em.

A couple notes:

If you click the “search results” option on the left side of the browser it will expand the singers rotation list the entire right side – giving you more room to see singers. Regardless, when you drag to the rotation list you can still select the singer from the singer history (below the box where you type in a singer) – even if you can’t “see them” since they are a way’s down in the rotation list (below the bottom of the screen).

Also, if you just use LOAD NEXT SINGER it will always load the next singer with a SONG to sing from the rotation list – it skips all singers that have “add a song or you will be skipped” automatically. You do not need to drag the singer up – even if they are 12 spots down below a bunch of singers without songs, load next singer will load the next available singer with a song.

You can also double-click any singer in rotation and click “IN ROTATION” at the bottom of the singer data/history screen to pull them out of rotation.

So you’re aware as well, you can right-click a singer in rotation and “send to top” or bottom.

Some of the items you’ve reported are indeed bugs, others are operational items.

We’re all looking forward to the next beta – we’ll get those problems addressed asap!

d4269
    Participant

Only thing I’ve been able to do is clear the whole rotation and re-load every song and singer that was waiting

d4269
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ryan and all points noted. I still firmly believe the old style of rotation was better (my opinion only of course). It was far less cluttered without loads of erroneous singers clogging my screen. Hope that makes sense
    Duncan

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Duncan, if you select the “auto remove” option in rotation options singers without a song in their queue will still be removed from rotation. Most people don’t want this as singers often sing multiple songs, but if you just want singers to to be removed use the “auto remove” option.

What will happen is the singers WILL still show in the rotation list after the first song they sing. Then, if they come back around in rotation without a song in their queue and you click LOAD NEXT SINGER and it skips them for the next singer in the queue those singers without songs will automatically be removed from the rotation list. No need to remove them manually.

The “fixed rotation mode” feature, once added to Karaoki, increased sales nearly 70%, It was by far the most well received change we’ve ever made. but clearly different KJs have different requirements!

d4269
    Participant

Absolutely. I completely accept that Ryan 100%. Be great if we could keep both options though 😃😃

Meep70
    Participant

Trying to get to the bottom the duplication of singers issue. Some people have more trouble with it than others. Here are some observations:

Some have multiple singers that duplicate, and some (my personal experience) get only one or two per show, and they occur at separate times.

Some have to take drastic measures to get rid of the duplicate singers during a show, and some (my experience) only have to delete the duplicate singer (save their data!) from the show–not the rotation, but the SHOW–then re-add them and drop them back in the same spot in the rotation.

I wonder what is different between systems, and if the problem manifests differently, based on what is installed. (My answers in parenthesis)

What version of Windows? (7 Professional)
    Is it up to date with security patches? (Yes)
    What version of .NET? (4.0)
    What security software is running? (Microsoft Security Essentials)

d4269
    Participant

I certainly have multiple duplications. If I delete the affected singer/song then it APPEARS to then delete other singers that have been either in the loaded show previously. I only say appears as I’ve not been able to test that theory properly. Also singers who may have been deleted from rotation then added back in afterwards. Fresh entries seem to duplicate. Does that make any sense?

d4269
    Participant

Windows 7, never been updated as used solely for shows so never on the net

Meep70
    Participant

As a curiosity, I wonder what would happen if you updated it. Especially .NET, since Karaoki relies on it. My understanding is that .NET 3.5 is fine. There were several security updates for 3.5, though, so there might have been something that got fixed, and an unpatched version might misbehave, if Karaoki was programmed using an updated version. That isn’t supposed to happen, but as we all know, Microsoft is the Devil.

d4269
    Participant

At tonight’s gig I decided not to preload any shows or singers, just run an unnamed show from scratch. I had very few problems. No duplication or deletions other than duplicated names in the pop up window when you drag a song to the rotation area. Is that any clue to you clever bods? Could the errors be rooted somehow in the saved shows somehow? Again, only a unproven one off test lol!
    Duncan

Meep70
    Participant

Duncan, that’s an interesting thought. I start a new show, every time.

bertiepr
    Participant

I think the new audio engine is not the cause of the issues. The issues have to do with programming. The rollback was unnecessary.

flashback
    Participant

I’ve run into an undiscovered bug, probably one not many user run into. I am setting up a solo show for six singers and I want to put a musical break after one of the singers. I was able to move an “A” audio mp3 from my BGM to the show list but the auto karaoke will not play it and goes to the beginning first singer instead.
    Is there any way to insert a musical break in a solo show.

Meep70
    Participant

As a simple workaround, you could do your musical breaks by adding a new case to your karaoke library. Instead of karaoke songs, this case could contain regular audio mp3 files. Karaoki would then treat songs in your breaks as if they were another singer, so the auto karaoke would play it, with no issues.

bertiepr
    Participant

It is the very first time in years that I see so many bugs at the same time in PCDJ Karaoki: duplicated names, background music plays over the karaoke track, when try to edit a singer, the wrong record is opened, sometimes if a singer is put out of rotation, it remains out of rotation even after songbookdb sends a new request, program freezes when load most of the Mp4 karaokes making the auto-karaoke useless. (You have to be there to restart the program when it halts). I hope to see an update soon. I am pretty sure that the developers behind this awesome software are working hard on this.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, and it IS a beta – so clearly some items to be addressed. For live gigging, I’d recommend 5633 still (as it’s still the official public release – and the free trial version at PCDJ.com).

I suspect most of these items will be addressed soon, I do know Alan has struggled to re-create the singer duplication issue however. He needs to be able to re-create it on the development machine in order to seek and destroy. Does anyone have a guaranteed step-by-step instruction on how to get the singer duplication issue to materialize?

I’m not real confident the MP4 issue you continue to have will be addressed via an update (soon) as native video support is still a few skips down the road. The reliance on codecs will be necessary for now. I wonder if you strip out all other media software on the machine and just install the klite mega codec pack if that will address it – hard to say. All mp4 files are not created equal, and may use/pick up different codecs which is why you have some that work and others that do not.

Meep70
    Participant

That’s part of the reason that I like the beta versions. There are a few glitches, but I still run a tight show. MANY of the features that I appreciate most, happened because someone who was running the beta suggested a feature. At times, a feature has been suggested, and Alan ran with it, coming back with something even better. That said, I have been guilty of getting frustrated with whatever beta is current, and using an older version, until bugs were squashed. That is part of the process, sometimes.

blaircarriere
    Participant

I’ve noticed with the last 2 beta builds that when fading in & out of *.MP4 karaoke music that only those files are not fading properly. They take forever to fade

bertiepr
    Participant

Too many time without an update. Many unsolved issues. For a guy who use the software almost in a daily basis, this is a bad news. A rollback is not an option. So, I still waiting…

vinylmixer
    Participant

Bertiepr
    I agree with you on this one, the software has too many problems at the moment, and in my opinion this beta version is not usable in its current state. After struggling with it for a while I have now had to go back to the previous full release, this is the first time ever I have had to revert back.

Meep70
    Participant

Meanwhile, other than an occasional glitch, the current beta is working smoothly for me, at the moment. It IS a beta, though, so anticipating potential problems is part of the process, so hang in there. If you have to roll back, for a bit, that happens, meanwhile, Alan is busy squashing bugs, and a better version WILL be available. Finding the source of them can be elusive, at times, so do what you must to survive, and update, when you can.

bertiepr
    Participant

I am trying to re create some issues to show Alan exactly how to reproduce them. I am recording the sessions in video to show him what occurs just before the fault.

Meep70
    Participant

Is there a debugging mode or some way to log what Karaoki is doing, on a more granular level? Perhaps a detailed log would be helpful in sifting through the events leading up to a crash or a duplicated singer or, [insert other undesired behavior, here].

To me, the crashes are a critical issue, because the show has to stop, for a moment. The duplicate singer issue is a nuisance, but it is an issue that I can deal with gracefully, and it doesn’t stop the show when one crops up.

In order to handle this easily, while Alan is diligently ironing out the kinks, try this. It is what works for me, when I have a typical rotation of 15+ singers (usually closer to 25), and a duplicate rears its ugly heads:

1. Once one of the duplicates is in your next five singers (i.e. showing up on the upcoming singers screen), right click on one of them and choose “Send To Bottom”. This way the audience never sees the duplicate. If they are not in the next five, wait until they are.

2. Once the singer sings, and has dropped to the bottom of the rotation, right-click on the singer and delete them from the show (yes, the SHOW, not the rotation), and choose to save their data, when asked.

3. Now, re-add the singer. They will now appear at the bottom of the rotation, where they belong, and there will only be one.

Doing it this way, you don’t have to remember where a singer was in the rotation, and the audience isn’t left scratching their heads, wondering why Joe gets to sing the same song, twice. Sure it is an extra step, but it works through the problem, fairly smoothly.

TheFox
    Participant

I have been out using the product for my shows and have not been keeping up with changes to the product. I now have a little time and am interested in taking a look at what has changed. I am currently using beta release 8.5760.28173. These release included changes to the save/load show functionality that I use for my show. You might recall that previous to this release the load show function did not load properly in List mode. This release somewhat fixed the problem.

I use Karaoki to control the performances that I and several other singers put on. There are perhaps 3 or 4 singers who sing in a predetermined order, but not in rotation. I set up the song/singer sequence in List mode, then save it as a show. When we get to the gig, I load the show and we are ready to go. However, placing more than about 20 songs into a show causes it to not load properly, but I have overcome that issue by breaking the performance into several shows.

Do these later beta releases still retain this functionality, and can I download them for added functionality?

flashback
    Participant

I just used Karaoki for a show this weekend which had seven singers each singing 3 songs for a total of 21 songs. I used the Solo option and it worked well. I also saved the show so i could bring it up at any time for any changes . I even worked in an intermission. I edited each song title so that it contained the singers name at the beginning of each song title . I did not have a problem with more than 20 songs and am using the latest Beta version.

TheFox
    Participant

I have always been confused about the version numbering scheme. What is the version you are using?

flashback
    Participant

I’m using 8.5947.19455. I also used in my show the automatic karaoke mode.
    You can click on next singer to eliminate some of the dead air at the end of a karaoke track.

TheFox
    Participant

I will download this version and give it a try. I am using the List mode rather than Solo. I go to the database of each singer then “check” and “transfer to list” each song they will be singing. This places all songs (including singer name) in the list. I then arrange the songs in the order they will be sang, and then save as a show. For our shows, there are usually things going on between songs – people moving on and off the dance floor, talking, jokes, comments, etc., so we just hit “Control P” to start the next song at the appropriate time. From time to time we also use a blue tooth KB setting in an inconspicuous place that allows us to control the Karaoki PC. We also play instruments and add in non-karaoki songs.

bertiepr
    Participant

Nothing happening. No updates since, march? The software has too many problems at the moment. I hope to see a new beta soon.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Something is always ‘happening’, and development is always a constant around here. We’ll post something new when it’s ready. Clearly there is a lot to explore and address with the previous beta/s, and we have other projects to complete including the KaraoQ integration (some last minutes ID changes were required unfortunately).

You’ll get something new to test when it’s available. The public version is stable so use it until a new beta is posted.

bertiepr
    Participant

KaraokeQ is not part of the public version Ryan. It is not included. I can’t use it if I make a rollback as you suggest. Make KaraoQ integration a priority in a beta version with so many critical bugs have no sense to me, but thank’s anyway for your fast response and let me show my discomfort.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, but it’s a beta, therefore a testing ground for all that’s new and to come. KaraoQ also needs to be released, and will be part of the public release of Karaoki. You can use KaraoQ with Karaoki independent of KaraoQ360.

KaraoQ support IS NOT a priority over any of the other reported issues (and by my count there’s not ‘so many critical bugs’ – but rather 2-3 issues that seem to be related to a couple things, one being the new audio/video engine which we’re rolling back on for the time-being) – but it IS a company priority. It was something planned for a late last year release and much time and effort has already been applied. Our partners also need to launch the system/service.

We’ll have a new beta soon, next couple of days. I look forward to everyone’s feedback.

I suggest Karaoki users keep using a previous beta (if applicable) or the public release of Karaoki (5633) for live performance until a new beta is posted and vetted a bit.

Meep70
    Participant

Ryan: Thanks for all that you guys are doing, to provide us a cutting-edge piece of software that has several advantages over the competition, many of which I have paid licenses for, and have tested, thoroughly.

Bert, I have said this, on the forum, previously, and here it is, restated:
    We are PRIVILEGED to have access to the beta versions, for testing. It is an honor to have access to the new features and functionalities–even those that aren’t polished and ready for prime time. Being that this is a privilege, complaining about release dates and broken or less than polished features seems petty to me, when a polished version is available. Reporting the issues, and submitting crash reports, of course, that’s a small price to pay.

I must ask, if you absolutely need the stability, then why are you even remotely considering using a beta?

As for me, I am happily using the current beta, at least three times a week. About half of my shows are high-volume (35+ singers) shows. There are quirks and idiosyncrasies, and the occasional crash, all of which I have reported, and talked about here on the forum. It isn’t so unstable as to be unusable, by any stretch of the imagination, but is isn’t rock solid, either.

When I get a crash, I am never actually down for more than about 30-45 seconds (which seems like an eternity, when there are 38 people waiting), but is just a short sliver of time, that I can talk about drink specials, upcoming events, make jokes about how Microsoft is the devil and Apple is no better, or play music from another source (Winamp is my go-to backup) if I run out of things to say.

Duplicate singers? I addressed a smooth way to handle those, not too long ago (scroll up, a bit). When it happens, It takes an additional 15 seconds of my time, per duplicate, while another singer is singing. In effect, it does not affect my show enough to mention other than as a minor annoyance.

I rarely play MP4 files, but the ones I do play have all worked flawlessly.

kickasskaraoki
    Participant

I’ve downloaded and have used the latest Beta on my gigs. The problem I’m having is when you delete someone from the rotation it makes a double of the following two or three singers in the rotation. For example: If I delete John from the rotation and the next singer is Mike. the rotation looks like this:

Mike If you could only see tonic
    Mike if you could only see tonic

And if you try and delete the double, it adds two more doubles below. How do I fix this?

Meep70
    Participant

Hang in there. They’re working on it. Meanwhile, each time you start the program (assuming that it is the beginning of a new show), right click on the rotation panel, choose new show, and clear your show history when it asks. Someone discovered, earlier in this thread, that doing so seems to help minimize the duplicate singer issue, some. In support of that, I was already in the habit of clearing history before each show, and I have fewer problems with it, than many people.

flashback
    Participant

This is a minor bug fix that’s been an issue for awhile. I often leave Karaoki loaded but minimized on my computer for long periods of time, especially when I’m practising songs. The longer the software is left loaded the slower it gets especially searches and saving songs. Of course the work around is to close the program and re-open it.

tededwardsjunior
    Participant

I have the most recent build, offhand don’t know what that is…but I updated last week, whatever that is…

anyway…I’m dropping singers out of nowhere…..pretty busy night last night, and singers I KNOW I added and see in rotation would just fall off.

if someone knows what that is, please email me how to fix it…I won’t be able to check this for a few hours, but my email comes to my phone.. tjedwards@powellbroadcasting.com

Thanks in advance –

TJ

Meep70
    Participant

An observation, tonight…

I didn’t have any problem with duplicate singers, UNTIL I used the right-click/remove from rotation feature. It seems that if I delete singers from the SHOW rather than the rotation, the duplicate singer issue is less likely to pop up. Is this what you guys are experiencing?

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Heya Alan,

Been a while, hope you’re good.

I finally have a chance to give “Fixed Rotation” mode another try, and while doing so I’ve come across what seems to be a glitch.

If I have a track currently running and the track key is set to “-2” for example.. If I’m playing around in “Singer Data” and I accidentally hit the “Load” button, it asks whether i’m sure if I want to stop the current track… if I choose “No” two things happen immediately:
    1) The currently running track key is set to whatever the key is for the track I accidentally tried to load while the track is running (which of course messes up the key of the ongoing track!)
    2) If you actually press the load button on the mistake track again, it says “Track is already loaded”

I’ve tried this a few times and it is consistent.

Meep70
    Participant

All is well, except for the same well-known issues that this beta is known for. I have a feature request.

I LOVE the search history, and it has saved my skin on more than one occasion, for various reasons. The problem is, it clears, when you close the program. If there is a crash, it clears. Is it possible to make this so that the search history clears, when you clear the show history, rather than with each program start?

Thanks! Keep up the brilliant work!

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

It’s been a while since the last Beta so I thought I’d check in anyway. I still use the latest Beta Build (minor glitches and all) very successfully. I really liked it when the Betas kept coming at a super pace. It gave me the opportunity to check out all the added features before the next solid (releasable) build. Ah, the good old days! Thanks to PCDJ for the great products. I, for one, appreciate your effort and would (hint, hint) really like to see more Betas if at all possible. Yes, there are detractors but most of us realize that what you present to us here in this Forum are true Betas and should be taken as such.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Jocarbo – a new Karaoki beta is expected very soon (was hoping for this week, but now we’re shooting next).

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

New Beta posted here (please post findings in the new thread as well):

d4269
    Participant

Hi Ryan / Alan,

After my detailed problems as listed further up the thread, I have gradually found work arounds for them all over the months. Inconvenient, but workable lol! I kept meaning to roll back to the last public / stable release but never quite got around to it. Today I did, and oddly it reminded me of a problem I’d not mentioned previously.

My database of singers and their song history had become unusable. It had rolled all the song titles and codes together etc., so I kind’ve just abandoned it and started a new show every time, with new singers, and manually entering each track every time. However, having done the roll back today, it’s sorted itself out again! Happy days!

Now I don’t know if it was a glitch it the beta, a part of my history file that had corrupted on the update to beta level or anything. I’m just glad it works again now!

I only mention it in case it’s not unique to me but just never got mentioned in amongst the duplicate singer and other issues by others too.

Best regards
    Duncan

Viewing 77 posts - 171 through 247 (of 247 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.