Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 85 posts - 86 through 170 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Meep70 wrote:
    Using .5904, and I have noticed a regression. The volume control on the karaoke player is at max, every time the program starts, rather than remembering the level.

Its remembering it OK here!!

Meep70 wrote:
    Everything else seems to be working smoothly, so far.

This is good to know.

Meep70
    Participant

Consistently, every time I start it, the volume is maxed out. I’ll check and clear temp files. Is there anything else that might have it stuck like that?

Meep70
    Participant

The resizing thing is a bit unique, in my case. I am not using Explorer as my shell, partly because I prefer the feel of Gnome, in Linux, and I found something that gives me that. When Karaoki resizes, it is doing it, clearly taking in the size of the taskbar that WOULD be there, if I were using Explorer. 🙂

Even if I were using Explorer, I size the window aggressively, and part of the bottom, below the buttons and search box, there are several pixels that I position off the screen, so every pixel is useful to me. At the top, the same thing–several pixel are dead space that I position off the screen.

If you have an option to handle the auto maximize, how about letting it maximize vertically, horizontally, both, or not at all? That would cover all bases, nicely.

myouse
    Participant

Tried out the new build 0.8.5904 last night within the first few songs had to convert back to the previous version, the sound quality of the bgm player sounded muffled and distorted. Also the bgm player (when the auto pause is not selected and the song fades out) and background music carry’s on playing throughout the karaoke track. When a background track finishes, even if the karaoke song is still playing the bgm player will kick in playing background music automatically and with no fade in, just plays at the same time with the karaoke track. when i downgraded to the previous version the problems went. Just to check the it was nothing to do with me, tried it on another laptop and had the same problem.

flashback
    Participant

I am posting here for what is not a problem but a success. I am using the latest bugfix Karaoki with a Nextbook Flex 10 and most if not all the issues have been resolved. Although The folks at PCDJ don’t recommend this it does work and I have been running shows with it. There are a few things to keep in mind. You have to get the Flex 10, a Windows 10 computer, which has a Baytrail quad core Atom processor with 2 gigs (the older models had 1) system memory, 32 gig of storage memory and a sd slot for 64 gigs. All unnecessary files on the C drive have to be deleted including Old Windows which took a free program (I/O Bit) to do because of the administration permission required. Also needed is a Powered USB hub (I got the one from Amazon). Flex 10 does not have enough power to run an external HD. The last thing I had to do is to make sure that in the control panel under Indexing options that indexing is turned off for your external HD. It is good to run the free Glary Utilities once in a while to free up any additional space and make sure you don’t have Malware. I was able to put Glary Utilities and Karaoki on the Flex’s SD card and off of the C drive and that works without a problem (trying to save space).
    By the way, the sound out of the flex 10 is equal to what comes out of my laptop.
    Anything I can do to reduce the amount of stuff and weight I have to carry to a gig I’m all over it.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Meep70 wrote:
    Consistently, every time I start it, the volume is maxed out. I’ll check and clear temp files. Is there anything else that might have it stuck like that?

I think I have figured out whats going on and hope to have a fixed very soon.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Meep70 wrote:
    The resizing thing is a bit unique, in my case. I am not using Explorer as my shell, partly because I prefer the feel of Gnome, in Linux, and I found something that gives me that. When Karaoki resizes, it is doing it, clearly taking in the size of the taskbar that WOULD be there, if I were using Explorer. 🙂

Even if I were using Explorer, I size the window aggressively, and part of the bottom, below the buttons and search box, there are several pixels that I position off the screen, so every pixel is useful to me. At the top, the same thing–several pixel are dead space that I position off the screen.

If you have an option to handle the auto maximize, how about letting it maximize vertically, horizontally, both, or not at all? That would cover all bases, nicely.

I’m going to give you a ‘default size lock’ option so you can resize the main screen and then store (or ‘Lock’) that value as the default startup size, once set it will always start at the size it was when the ‘default size lock’ was applied. however when running you can resize as required.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

myouse wrote:
    Tried out the new build 0.8.5904 last night within the first few songs had to convert back to the previous version, the sound quality of the bgm player sounded muffled and distorted. Also the bgm player (when the auto pause is not selected and the song fades out) and background music carry’s on playing throughout the karaoke track. When a background track finishes, even if the karaoke song is still playing the bgm player will kick in playing background music automatically and with no fade in, just plays at the same time with the karaoke track. when i downgraded to the previous version the problems went. Just to check the it was nothing to do with me, tried it on another laptop and had the same problem.

On both my test systems here the BGM sound is fine, It is neither muffled or distorted and I’ve not had any other cases of this reported to me as yet…..
    ….. however I can reproduce sound kicking back in bug when the ‘Auto Pause’ is not enabled, I have also believe I have identified the problem and it should be rectified in the next beta.

Alan.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi All,

Another new beta with bug fixes and a few changes.:
    ***** Click here ******

Build #0.8.5911.30758 Mar 8th 2016
    Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
    • CDG Deck volume defaulting to maximum when Karaoki started.
    • Exception when scanning for ‘Naming Conventions’ if the case being scanned is empty.
    • BGM fading Track up when loading a track if ‘Auto Pause’ is not enabled.

Added/Changes:
    • Added ‘Default Size Lock’ option to Configuration screen, when enabled the main screen size/position at the time of enabling will be used as the default start-up size and location.
    • It the main screen is maximized when Karaoki is closed, it will now start-up maximized.
    • Added ‘Ctrl + Shift + I’ displays the Configuration screen

flashback
    Participant

This would be a nice addition When you run across a song that is mislabeled in the search bo,x to be able to edit the title and correct it for future searches would be helpful. Viewing the ID Tag is not enabling me to correct the title.

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan
    The problem we have had with the bgm music not fading back in smoothly has now been solved with one of these latest updates,
    Can anyone please tell me what the ”Place singers in rotation last” button does, and also what does the ”move next with track at top” button do. I cannot work these two options out at all even when I hover the mouse over the button and see the explanation.

Thanks
    Chris

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

vinylmixer wrote:
    Alan
    The problem we have had with the bgm music not fading back in smoothly has now been solved with one of these latest updates,

That’s good to know, Thank you for the update.

vinylmixer wrote:
    Can anyone please tell me what the ”Place singers in rotation last” button does, and also what does the ”move next with track at top” button do. I cannot work these two options out at all even when I hover the mouse over the button and see the explanation.

Thanks
    Chris

When the ”Place singers in rotation last” option is enabled, when a singer is placed back into rotation they will always be added to the bottom of the rotation list, When the option is not set they will be placed into rotation in the position they occupied prior to being taken out of rotation.

The ‘Move next with track at top’ button has a typo and should read ‘Move next with track to top’, when this option is set and the playing track reaches about 90% played the rotation will check if the next singers track is valid (i.e. not “Add a track or you will be skipped”) and if the next singers track in the list is not a valid track Karaoki will take the singer out of rotation ( and so on until it either finds a track or the Singer list is empty….. so by the time the current playing track finishes and the list is displayed on screen 2 the ‘Next Singer… position 1’ with always show either a singer with a valid track or the singer list will be empty.

Pops
    Participant

I just installed Build #0.8.5911.30758 Mar 8th 2016 and I really like the Main Window Default Size Lock option. I always run Karaoki in the Maximized mode to cover the Windows 10 taskbar, then minimize it only if needed. Thanks for that option.

I am seeing what I think may be an anomaly however, regarding the Select-A-Track Store. Prior to installing the latest beta build, I had configured both the Karaoke Cloud and Select-A-Track Stores not to automatically download when online and exclude them from the Search Results. Now, when I examine the Online Stores from the Options Menu button, only the Karaoke Cloud Store is present and configurable. The Select-A-Track Store is nowhere to be found.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Pops wrote:
    I just installed Build #0.8.5911.30758 Mar 8th 2016 and I really like the Main Window Default Size Lock option. I always run Karaoki in the Maximized mode to cover the Windows 10 taskbar, then minimize it only if needed. Thanks for that option.

I am seeing what I think may be an anomaly however, regarding the Select-A-Track Store. Prior to installing the latest beta build, I had configured both the Karaoke Cloud and Select-A-Track Stores not to automatically download when online and exclude them from the Search Results. Now, when I examine the Online Stores from the Options Menu button, only the Karaoke Cloud Store is present and configurable. The Select-A-Track Store is nowhere to be found.

Unfortunately its no anomaly or bug….
    …. Select – A – Track is a UK based company and due to licensing restrictions we have had to disable the store outside the UK and Ireland. For the time being we have had to disabled all non-UK/Irish territories but in the future it may be possible to bring some back on line.

JKAHWATY
    JKAHWATY
    Participant

My background music volume crept up slowly as the Karaoke tracks moved along. By the time the songs were almost done the volume was full and played over the Karaoke tracks. I had to stop it completely.
    Anyone else have this issue with the latest build?

bertiepr
    Participant

Bug: The background music player don’t mark the tracks as played since last build.

Meep70
    Participant

[quote]My background music volume crept up slowly as the Karaoke tracks moved along. By the time the songs were almost done the volume was full and played over the Karaoke tracks. I had to stop it completely.
    Anyone else have this issue with the latest build?[/quote]

I saw it do that with one of the recent betas, but the very latest one, seems to be OK.

Meep70
    Participant

Something I have noticed, for a long time, and keep forgetting to ask about:

When you hover over a singer in the rotation, the information is handy to have, but there’s a catch.

If there are people int he Singer Data window that are NOT in the rotation, the count still takes them into consideration.

For example, (Numbers chosen, here are arbitrary, for the purpose of illustration, but are quite typical) I have 20 singers currently in rotation, and my Singer Data window shows five additional singers that have left the rotation–for a total of 25. If I hover over the sixth singer in rotation, and there are two people in the the list in the Singer Data window before this singer, it will say “position = 8 of 25”. In order to get an accurate count, I have to delete them from the show, completely, rather than simply removing them from rotation.

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan
    I used the latest build 08 5911 last night, the only problems I had was on one occasion only, the words were displayed on the singers screen but not on the laptop. The other strange thing was the background music did not fade away when the Karaoki track started, I had to stop it manually. These were two separate incidents. I did not have any issues with the background music not marking tracks as played. All in all I thought the software performed well for a beta.

Chris

Pops
    Participant

I’m noticing that when I start Karaoki, it performs a lookup of all the SAT cases and when I perform a search, the returned results include songs from the SAT Store. Since SAT is now unavailable to those of us outside the UK and Ireland, I would like to disable that lookup as well as disable SAT songs from appearing in the search results. However, that option no longer appears in the Options Menu.

ak_hepcat
    ak_hepcat
    Participant

Well, i’m no expert, but I would *think* that you could edit the KJ.xml file in the C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\Karaoki folder

look for “Select-A-Track”

you should have, at least:

<Select-A-TrackEnable>False</Select-A-TrackEnable>
    <Select-A-TrackSearchStore>False</Select-A-TrackSearchStore>

if nothing for Select-A-Track shows up, just add those two lines right below the “<Locker” section
    that is an equivalent.

And that should keep it from searching.

(this is based on me looking at the XML after disabling SAT and Locker, prior to upgrading.)

Meep70
    Participant

The other strange thing was the background music did not fade away when the Karaoki track started, I had to stop it manually. These were two separate incidents.

I have had this happen a few times, as well. It usually works, as designed, but one night, I had this problem, so I exited and restarted Karaoki, and it stopped. Then, dealing with another issue (something I caused) I had to exit and restart Karaoki again, and the problem returned.

That was only one night, and I have done a few shows since, with no problems at all, other than a crash that I reported privately.

Pops
    Participant

Thanks ak_hepcat, your solution worked like a charm!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi All,
    I’m going to address a few of the issued posted above here.

BGM Fading back up:
    When this happens is the BGM Volume control also fading up or is it just the audio?

BGM tracks not being marked as played:
    I cannot reproduce this here, could you tell me what your settings are, i.e. are you using ‘Auto Pause’ and is ‘Pause and load next track’ enabled?

SAT cases searching and scanning:
    This is an over site on my part and will be addressed in the next beta.

While I’m discussing SAT, the next beta should have SAT re-enabled in all territories except the US and Canada.

JKAHWATY
    JKAHWATY
    Participant

Updated to the latest version and software failed to open. I went back to the previous version which had an issue with doubling some to the singers in the list but was able to work through it.
    Joe

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi Joe,
    I’ve pulled 0.8.5920 as for some reason it will not run on windows 10, it runs fine on W7.

I have yet to try it on 8.1 as my last remaining W8.1 box died (will not get past the bios screen) and i haven’t had the time to fix it.

Alan.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

New Beta….
    **** Here ****
    Changes since last beta:
    Build #0.8.5921.31595 Mar 18th 2016
    • BGM tracks slowly fading back in when CDG deck playing.
    • Intermittent BGM loading exception.
    • S-A-T showing results and scanning when not enabled for a specific Geo Location.

Added/Changes:
    • Karaoki now dials home so services (S-A-T, Cloud Store and Cloud Pro) can now be configured (enabled/disabled for a specific Geo location) without the need for code changes.

ak_hepcat
    ak_hepcat
    Participant

One small issue with build 5921, as compared to 5911 –

There doesn’t seem to be a way to hide the online stores from the search results anymore.

Previously, I could disable and hide all the online stores, and they wouldn’t show up during searches, making it much easier to find things during a show.

Now, even with SAT disabled and not selected, the results are still showing up in searches. And I’ve even rebuilt the search database.

Meep70
    Participant

Same, here.

A few weird little glitches: Sometimes, when I drag a song from the search results, to the singer list, it doesn’t let me drop it, and I see a name disappear from the rotation. It is as if, when I drop it, it performs the “right-click/Remove Singer from Rotation”, rather than asking me what singer.

Meep70
    Participant

I am occasionally getting a double singer. I will add a new singer, then add a song, and the new singer appears in the playlist with the same song, twice. If I delete one, the other is deleted, as well. Add the singer back, and it is fine. With 25 singers, over the course of five hours, I can count on it happening once or twice, with 5921 as well as 5911.

thepartydocdj
    thepartydocdj
    Participant

I’m experiencing several problems.
    1: the background music case will auto load the next song then start playing at full volume while the karaoke song is playing. Two songs at once bad problem.
    2: At :20 seconds into the Karaoke song the title and singer are deleted from the cue and the next singer is displayed, that’s always happened. Except now the lyrics freeze on the screen anywhere from momentary glitch to a full 20 seconds, the longest I’ve timed it.
    3: It’s taking 3 to 25 seconds for the song to load after pressing the load next singer button, my mouse displays the circle it does whenever this happens.
    4: The blue tick marks indicating song played are missing in this version.

Ryan says a fix for the background music case is coming in a day or so, but what about the slow load time and freeze issue?

thepartydocdj
    thepartydocdj
    Participant

One other problem presented itself. Just now I loaded a karaoke song and it played. But it did not delete. When I clicked load next singer, the same song played again.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks doc!

Are you using the old LIST Mode for rotation? It sounds like it – can you try playing with the latest beta in the default “fixed rotation” mode?

Right click in the rotation list and go to Rotation Options – put it in “fixed mode” – then try things again and see if all the issues still persist.

Since the vast majority of Karaoki customers use “fixed mode” for the rotation list we want to know if these issues are related to “list mode” only – would be a big help! (in fixed mode the singer only displayed in rotation once, no matter how many songs in their own queue – when a track is loaded, after 20 seconds the singer is dropped to the bottom of the list (not removed from the list. You can pull a singer out of rotation by double-clicking their name in rotation and clicking the IN ROTATION button to pull them out).

Thanks

hollieolson@aol.com
    Participant

After a glance through other post, I don’t think this has been mentioned and is just an FYI for you. Spent a lot of time playing with the beta, and the main thing I found was that the BGM would keep coming on during a song. Even after I went in an manually turned the volume all the way off in BGM, A few seconds later is was back on and playing at the same time as the karaoke track, at a lower volume than the karaoke track, but still enough to be heard playing a long.

I like the new buttons. But any layout is fine by me.

THANK YOU!
    Hollie

myouse
    Participant

Hi Tried out the Build #0.8.5911.30758 Mar 8th 2016 last night, I also still had the problem with the BGM player kicking in. It all worked great until my BGM play list run out and started replaying from the beginning I found when a karaoke track was playing, if the karaoke song was longer than two BMG tracks it would then kick in on the 2nd song.

Meep70
    Participant

Scroll up and find this:

“Build #0.8.5921.31595 Mar 18th 2016
    • BGM tracks slowly fading back in when CDG deck playing.
    • Intermittent BGM loading exception.”

Meep70
    Participant

Is there a possibility that MIDI control may be introduced, some time in the future? It would be nice to use one channel of a controller to handle karaoke and another to handle BGM. Just simple play/pause/cue control would be nice. I know that there are keyboard shortcuts, but these require Karaoki to be on top.

Alternately, HID control, such as the multimedia controls on the keyboard (dedicated play/pause and transport keys that many keyboards and many laptops have), which don’t require the app to be in focus. Allowing the multimedia keys to control the karaoke player would also be a huge plus, probably more universally so than MIDI control, since so many of us run laptops for our shows.

If the latter is implemented, The Play/Pause key is self-explanatory. “Load next singer” could be assigned to the >>| key.

GVENT
    Participant

I have been finding that the beta version is opening constantly offline on another screen and doing all the Win 10 suggestions of Alt Space or Cascade windows is not rectifying the issue all the time. By going back to the original version has solved this issue. Any suggestions before I try the Beta version again?

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if you’ve found the Rotation issue I mentioned, where removing a track from rotation completely messes-up my rotation sequence…

Thanks, and thank you for all the awesome work. Karaoki is an awesome software and you are awesome for keeping us always updated and in the loop.

myouse
    Participant

Hi sorry my mistake I just checked the build it was Build #0.8.5921.31595 Mar 18th 2016 which I have had the problems I described above.

bertiepr
    Participant

I am having the same issue with the background music than thepartydocdj. Also, sometimes Karaoki can’t load mp4 tracks.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

bertierpr, remember – not all mp4’s are created equal (many encoding variations), and since Karaoki relies exclusively on third party codecs to play video files, it’s related to that. I know a customer recently said once he installed the mega codec pack from PCDJ.com and uninstalled Windows Media Player the MP4’s then played perfectly. Just an idea!

flashback
    Participant

this is a small bug that goes back a few versions. When right clicking on a song in a case to view the ID3 tag often an error message comes up that “the file is either not supported or damaged” (Zip error) but after clicking on OK the ID info comes up anyway.

bertiepr
    Participant

# bertierpr, remember – not all mp4’s are created equal (many encoding variations), and since Karaoki relies exclusively on third party codecs to play video files, it’s related to that. I know a customer recently said once he installed the mega codec pack from PCDJ.com and uninstalled Windows Media Player the MP4’s then played perfectly. Just an idea!

Thank´s for the advise!

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

I’m using the latest build I know of (# 0.8.5921.31595) on my laptop ( i7 CPU, 4GB ram) and I’ve run into a little hitch. I had some trouble with my system and I inadvertently screwed up the ‘extended’ desktop monitor. It’s a bit unusual because I have 2 different video sources. The laptop screen is driven by an Intel HD Graphics 3000, and the extension by an NVidia Quadro 1000M. I believe I got it sorted out but now Karaoki’s Screen 2 won’t open initially in the extension. It opens in the main screen and I have to manually drag & Drop it into the extension. It worked properly before my glitch with the screens. Has anyone run into this kind of a problem? Is there any file within Karaoki I can go to to change where the Screen 2 opens?

Meep70
    Participant

I have seen similar behavior, with other software. Make sure that Windows sees your main screen as screen one and your extension as screen 2. If it sees the main screen as screen 2, it reports that to Karaoki, which then opens it on screen 2, as designed.

To see if this is the issue, try this: go to Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, then Personalization, and then Display Settings. On this window, there shoudl be a button to Identify which screen is which. It will put a large number 1 or number 2 on the corresponding screens, and you can make sure that 1 is 1 and 2 is 2.

If they aren’t, click on the representation of the display you want as 1, then change the setting to make what you want to be 1 as your main monitor.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Meep70, The screens appear to be identifying properly as 1 and 2 in the display settings. That’s why it’s bugging me as much as it is. At one point during my travails, identification was reversed but I rectified that. Again, thanks for your quick response.

myouse
    Participant

Hi jocarbo, I had a similar problem I found if you go into options/video options and select or deselect Always open screen 2 in window, it controls what screen, screen 2 opens in. Hope it helps.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks, myouse. You guys are great . Yes, I’ve tried that several times, even after closing Karaoki and reopening as well as rebooting. Still opens in Window 1 only. Still and all, a super program.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi guys,
    I have been reading the forum, just very busy as usual…..

all the bugs posted above have been logged and I’m working on solutions for them.

The issue with ‘Screen 2’ opening on the main screen is due to the video card driver returning an incorrect screen number, I’ve just changes development PC and I’m now seeing this exact problem with my new machine.

There is a work-around that you can do by editing the KJ.xml file, instructions are below and assume Karaoki is NOT running….
    1.) Open the ‘Karaoki File Manager’ app. that’s installed with Karaoki.
    2.) Locate and click on the KJ.xml file, then click the ‘Open’ button, KJ.xml will open in notepad.
    3.) Locate “<SwapScreen>False</SwapScreen>”
    4.) Edit the text to “<SwapScreen>True</SwapScreen>
    5.) Save your changes in Notepad.
    6.) Test Karaoki to see if ‘Screen 2’ opens on the correct screen.
    If Karaoki will not start change the text back to ‘False’.

This used to be an option that could be changed from within Karaoki, however if the option is inadvertently set, for some users it can stop Karaoki starting so it was removed.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks, Alan. That did the trick for me. All seems to run properly except for some downloaded videos, but that is a CODEC problem and not Karaoki’s! :). Also, thanks for a great program. I’m now also thinking of upgrading to DEX3 with the promotion you now have going on even though it would be an overkill for me. Thanks for being there when needed.

bertiepr
    Participant

I can’t play any of my mp4 karaokes now. I tried everything: K-Lite Mega Pack and CCPP codecs, (64 bit and 84 bit versions) and nothing works. There is no problem playing them in Virtual Dee Jay, neither in other karaoke software. The issue is only with PCDJ Karaoki.

At this point I have no more tweeks to do, neither ideas to try. Need help…

Thank’s

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Bertiepr, it could actually be VDJ causing the issue for Karaoki. Codecs are pretty finicky things, and having ANY other media player on the machine could conflict. Karaoki will basically pick up what’s available, and other applications that install codecs can trump the codecs installed by KLITE.

These steps were sent to me by a customer that wasn’t able to get the KLITE mega pack to work for his mp4 files as well. He said after performing these actions with Quicktime he can now play all his video files (so Karaoki must be picking up the quicktime codec). Worth a go!

I installed K-Lite Codec Pack
    And then

I installed QuickTime.
    In config for QT I went to File Types
    Unchecked Notify me if other app
    unchecked everything except Video – QuickTime Movie

In MIME Types:
    Unchecked everything except these:
    Streaming – SDP stream descriptor
    Streaming – RTSP stream descriptor
    Video – QuickTime Movie
    Audio – WAVE audio
    Audio – MIDI

Streaming:
    Uncheck Enable Instant-On

QuickTime Player config:
    Enable Use high quality video settings when available
    Disable Show Content Guide at startup

Let us know how it goes!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Meep70 wrote:
    Is there a possibility that MIDI control may be introduced, some time in the future? It would be nice to use one channel of a controller to handle karaoke and another to handle BGM. Just simple play/pause/cue control would be nice. I know that there are keyboard shortcuts, but these require Karaoki to be on top.

Midi, Yes… As soon as I get some free time, I already have an old test build of karaoki that already has midi 99% working, It just needs the midi modual tyding up and porting over to the latest build.

reverentx
    Participant

Hi today i found som few wird problems
    1. Even i set it to danish it still cant read danish
    Karoke files width æøå ???

2. I choose singer data file
    Remove all marked
    Reorganize songs
    At send them in rotation
    Save the show!

Next time i open the show it dosent
    Follow my orgenized song it mix the arround
    And whorst of all suddently
    When i put it to auto karaoke
    it cant find the danish karaoke files and comes widt the message :
    1 file allready loaded and stop the show
    2 or says file is bad or corpupted

Then i can go inn and add the songs again and the show goes on widthout probs, but if i close the program and starts it again, all danish files is again corupted(and i know they are not)

So there is som problems width other languages!!!
    I am a litle afraid becaurse i hav my first karaoke show tomorrow with the player!!!!

Flemming madsen
    Danish karaoke songs

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Hey Allen,
    Don’t know what’s happened but something got corrupted and now Karaoki (Bld# 0.8.5921.31595) seems to open (splash screen, Network Test, Indexing, Load History,) and then it minimizes to my taskbar and won’t open no matter what. It’s really a bummer because I have a show today (7 Apr, 6pm Eastern Time) and I don’t have the time to rebuild everything. Anyone else run into such a problem? Help appreciated). This happened overnight after shutting down the system and when I booted up the problem was there. All other programs work properly. Thanks,
    Joe

Meep70
    Participant

Joe, give this a try.

1. Open Karaoki, and observe that it shows up on the taskbar.
    2. Right-click on Karaoki on the taskbar, then click Move (windows 8.x or 10 may need Shift+right-click). The cursor will change to the “move” cursor.
    3. Let go of the mouse!
    4. On your keyboard, press one of the arrow keys. Usually this will pop the window into view, and the arrow keys will move it around on the screen.
    5. Press enter, to “drop” the window, once you have it where you want it.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Meep70. I tried what you suggested but the only choices I get in the pop-up menu are “Karaoki”, “Pin to taskbar”, & “close window.” If I hold down the Shift + right-click, I get the desktop pop-up menu and neither of them have a “move” option in them. Your suggestion does work for other taskbar items such as the File Explorer. Thanks for the reply.

Joe

Meep70
    Participant

Another trick, similar to the above: Try the holding down the “Windows” key and left or right arrow. On most apps, this should snap to one border or the other of the screen.

GVENT
    Participant

Or try ALT and Space Bar.

It is a pain in the butt when it opens in and offline window and no many monitors you hook up it won’t appear on any of them.

Meep70
    Participant

Yet another possible fix, that may or may not work. I am NOT certain if this affects the main window, but Karaoki stores the position coordinates of its windows in a file. These are modified instructions that were provided by Alan, when I had a problem with one of Karaoki’s windows, once.

You can reset all the form positions and sizes to default by deleting the “Form_cords.ini” file using the “Karaoki File Manager” app installed with Karaoki.
    The file should be on the opening page of the app, select the file from the list and click delete.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Are you sure Karaoki’s not just opening up full-screen on screen 2? So while it’s on your taskbar – it may actually be showing full-screen on a secondary display (seen this once or twice). If you connect a secondary display as you normally would for screen 2 lyrics – do you see Karaoki “over there”?

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

First of all, thanks to all who took the time to respond to my problem. It’s great to see a Forum where it’s members are truly concerned and want to help. A special thanks to Meep70. Your suggestion about deleting the Form_cords.ini file did the trick but I had to do it a couple of times. The first time I did it, it reverted back to my old problem. After the second attempt it seems to have stuck. In either case, it will let me get through the day (today’s show) and then I can investigate it more if needed. Again, thanks to all. If your ever in the islands (Hawaii), look me up. I owe you a beer or two (tequila sunrises if you’d rather!)
    Aloha & Mahalo
    Joe

Meep70
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked. The show must go on! 🙂

bertiepr
    Participant

Karaoki is not playing mp4 tracks correctly. I tried it in 3 laptops (HP, Sony, Toshiba) and always failed to play mp4 tracks correctly. It loads the track but freezes in the first frame.No other DJ or Karaoke software has this issue, but Karaoki. Is there a way to force Karaoki to use an specific codec to solve this? This issue is very important to me. Actually I can’t use Karaoki because I have a huge mp4 catalog. I am convinced that the problem is in the software, not in the laptops or Windows 10. Need help !!!!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Bertiepr, you can’t tell Karaoki which codec to pick up. But if you have other media software on the machine you will likely continue to have issues since those products likely have their own codecs installed, creating the conflict.

One customer had success with all his MP4 videos after removing all other media software and codec packs – then installed quicktime (only) and set it up like this:

In config for QT I went to File Types
    unchecked everything except Video – QuickTime Movie

In MIME Types:
    Unchecked everything except these:
    Streaming – SDP stream descriptor
    Streaming – RTSP stream descriptor
    Video – QuickTime Movie
    Audio – WAVE audio
    Audio – MIDI

Streaming:
    Uncheck Enable Instant-On

May be worth a shot. As most pro KJs dedicate their gig machine to performing with Karaoki its likely they don’t run into codec conflicts.

QuickTime Player config:
    Enable Use high quality video settings when available
    Disable Show Content Guide at startup

bertiepr
    Participant

The mp4 issue is a nightmare. Karaoki is not capable of playing mp4 tracks even after a fresh Windows 10 installation with no other software or codecs installed. It loads the track but then freezes in the first frame of the video. I will try with QT.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I understand that’s your current experience, and I certainly hope the QT suggestion works for you.

I should state clearly that many customers can play mp4 videos in Karaoki using Windows 10 (most of the time, all they need to do is install the klite mega codec pack – and in some cases they don’t need to install ANYTHING to play mp4s). I’m one of them – I can play the HD MP4 files from Digitrax in Karaoki on this machine (Which has loads of other media software, too).

Codecs are considered fickle things, as they can be hit or miss from machine to machine. Karaoki is not a native video player, therefore the current requirement for third party codecs is necessary.

bertiepr
    Participant

I still having the mp4 issue after trying QT. Many customers have no problem using mp4 tracks but I can’t on my Sony Vaio, Toshiba, HP and AlienWare machines… The question is why any other software can reproduce mp4, all but Karaoki? Why Karaoki always choose the wrong codec? If I can’t solve this soon I will have not other option but move to other karaoke player. And it is terrible because I love PCDJ Karaoki. Frankly, I am not convinced that the problem has to be with the machine or windows 10. Something have to be wrong with the software player. Time will say…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

bertiepr – It could be the type of MP4 as they are not all equal. Various encoding options and containers can be used for MP4 files.

What I know is we’ve been selling a karaoke download pack of HD karaoke files here:

We have sold the HD packs to many a Karaoki customer and they are using these files in Karaoki, with various OS’s. As I also explained in my previous response I am able to play the mp4 files on my windows 10 machine.

No mistake though, I know users have had problems with codecs due to conflicts or the like – results seem to vary greatly, even when users are on the same OS and use the same codec pack. It’s not an exact science.

Karaoki is not a native video player, so the nuances of using codecs unfortunately come into play.

Can you send me one of your mp4 files so I can check it out here? rsherr AT pcdj dot com.

bertiepr
    Participant

I was playing mp4 without problems in the past. Things changed since some weeks ago. I will convert some mp4 files to another format and let see what happens. I will send you some mp4 files also. Thanks for your help.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

bertier,
    Sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this, I was away on vacation last week.

I hope to have a new beta for you guys sometime tomorrow.

I updated the Audio/video engine a few betas ago (Jan 2016) and some users seem to be having a few issues, namely unexplained crashes, the BGM fading backup on its own etc., I’m wondering if your problem is related. The new beta uses the old audio/video engine that we used for about a year without major problems…

Once I post the new beta I suggest you give it a try and see if you can play mp4 video again.

Alan

bertiepr
    Participant

Great news!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

New Beta:

**** Here ****

Changes since last beta:
    Build #0.8.5947.19455 Mar 13th 2016

• Rolled back Audio/Video engine to version 7.0.0.0
    • Fixed Graphics error on Remote connections screen when using DPI other than 96.
    • De-Register Machine from Karaoki Cloud/KaraoQ360 subscription fixed
    Added/Changes:
    • Search database copied to ‘documents\PCDJ Karaoki’ folder
    • S-A-T catalogue deleted from HD and Search db in non- enabled geo locations.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Alan,

since the S-A-T catalogue is deleted from search database, can you please provide a separate way to search for tracks available in catalogue (even if not in geo location), even if it’s out-of-software (aka on website or external tool)?

The reason is that, in my case for example, having the red search results “S” told me that while I don’t have the track in my database… it IS in fact available somewhere for download/purchase. That way I can actually search for it online and find it, rather than settle for a video file instead.

On a separate note, I have a question; are other previously mentioned changes included in this beta?
    Ex: Singer Name dialogue box automatically moving typing cursor to text box, and using “Enter” button to finalize selection in dialogue box?

Cheers
    JP

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Oh also, did you remove “List Mode”??

Please don’t! I really dislike using “fixed rotation” mode and much prefer List Mode. So if removed, please let me know ASAP so I don’t download the new beta.

JP

bertiepr
    Participant

I can play my mp4 tracks again !!!!! Thank for the rollback Alan. You can’t imagine the amount of hours I spent trying to solve this issue.

bertiepr
    Participant

Bug found: Some mp4 are played normally, but others are played with the volume minimized and the slider do not responds when I try to raise the volume.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Must be a different codec being picked up for those mp4 files vs the others, so may be tough for us to troubleshoot the reason on this end unfortunately.

bertiepr
    Participant

Bug found (cont): Related to these tracks that are played with volume minimized, after doing click over the player progress bar, the volume is raised instantly (jump to the normal level). It is not a codec issue.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

JP,

Per your questions:

“On a separate note, I have a question; are other previously mentioned changes included in this beta?
    Ex: Singer Name dialogue box automatically moving typing cursor to text box, and using “Enter” button to finalize selection in dialogue box?”

Yes, that feature is included – so when you drag a track to a singer in rotation you can just click ENTER on your keyboard to send the song to rotation (as opposed to having to click “OK” with your mouse).

Yes, ‘list mode’ is gone by design. Alan had mentioned we plan to break off that rotation mode and solo artist features into a new product targeting solo singers and home use. I am surprised to hear you do not like the fixed rotation mode – care to elaborate why? I am curious, since once this feature was added to Karaoki sales increased nearly 80% – it seems like most KJs want the software to manage the rotation for them, as opposed to having to manually do it in list mode. The value of course is that if a singer comes up and asks for 3 songs, you can put them and all three of their songs into their queue – and the software will rotate them in the list throughout the night, keeping a proper rotation order.

It’s also easy to pull singers out – just double-click their name (brings up the singer data screen with their personal queue and history) and click IN ROTATION to pull them out. You can also pull in songs from their history in the singer data screen, re-order songs in their queue – etc. I find “fixed mode” to be much more KJ friendly with these features.

Don’t expect to see list mode back in the ‘normal’ Karaoki updates – but rather a new, lighter product coming down the pipe.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Ryan: List mode hasn’t been removed yet… that’ll be a future beta!!!

And as Ryan said, existing karaoki users willl still have a list mode but it will be in a ‘ligther’ version of Karaoki that will be bundled along side the full version as well as being sold as a seperate ‘Light’ product.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

OK I jumped the gun! You know what assuming does…;)

Thanks

bertiepr
    Participant

Let me trying to explain this better Ryan. NOW, when Karaoki loads some mp4 track the volume slider moves down instantly. As soon as it start to play the track, the slider returns to it original position with some tracks and remains minimized with others. If I click over the player progress bar the volume slider moves instantly to its normal position. The issue is not lack of audio due a codec, the issue is that the volume slider is locked in the lower position and I can’t move it up manually. But, again, if I click over the player progress bar it returns suddenly to it’s normal position and plays the track perfectly.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

OK thank you, I understand now and that’s definitely an odd one indeed!

Viewing 85 posts - 86 through 170 (of 247 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.