Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Please post any problems / wishes regarding the latest beta Build #0.8.5879.23686 Feb 5th 2016 here…

Alan.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Alan, and welcome to the new forums!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Quick question…. Continued from old forum:

I’ve been thinking of doing away with the text altogether on the Min, Max and Exit buttons, and using the Min, Max/Restore and Exit icons instead, and while I’m at it I’d also like to use the standard 3 horizontal bars ‘menu’ icon for the options button….

….. Any thoughts on this Guys?

vinylmixer
    Participant

Hi Alan
    The changes you are thinking of making on Min, Max/Restore and exit buttons seems OK to me, I cannot see a problem with that.

Chris

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I like the idea Alan, a modern touch!

Meep70
    Participant

I think that will make a cleaner look, while retaining functionality, nicely. As long as functionality is good, why not?

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

The functionality will not change, just the cosmetics.

Meep70
    Participant

Exactly! 🙂

John Surridge
    Participant

I’m cool with the idea of the buttons

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Ok…. lets do it!!

🙂

flashback
    Participant

Perhaps in the next bugfix you could make it so that the sizing of Karaoki on the screen is remembered when closing the program. On my 10 inch screen, when newly opened Karaoki has to be resized..

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Perhaps in the next bugfix you could make it so that the sizing of Karaoki on the screen is remembered when closing the program. On my 10 inch screen, when newly opened Karaoki has to be resized..

Is this happening on your other laptop as well?
    If its just on one, what is the screen resolution set to?

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

New button Icons, what do you think?
    New Karaoki Button Icons
    Maximized:

And the old DEX skin:

Maximized:
    null

I would now like to replace text on the “Add Case”, “Add Songs” and “Screen 2” buttons but need a little inspiration!!

Meep70
    Participant

As long as the tool tips that pop up when you hover over them stays like it is, to help people who are learning the program, it looks great, to me. It is a leaner, cleaner look.

Meep70
    Participant

Feature request. IF a second display is attached, when the program is started, have Karaoki automatically enable screen 2. Clicking the button, would toggle whether it is enabled, as it does now, but would save a step in setting up for a show, assuming everything is connected, physically, when Karaoki is started.

The screen 2 button could be an icon of a monitor, with the number 2 in it, and could be smaller, and not in the transport area, so that it is less likely to be accidentally clicked. (I never have, but I can see it happening)

flashback
    Participant

it does happen on my other 17′ laptop but not as much. I always have to click the Min/Max button…I’m not sure what it’s on since it’s not changing. When Karaoki first is opened it opens to a default setting. It would be helpful if the program remembered the screen size setting when closed.
    My small screen computer (10 inch) is set to 1280 X 800. It can’t be set higher than that.
    I can size it so it fits perfectly but I have to do it each time I open the program.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

As long as the tool tips that pop up when you hover over them stays like it is, to help people who are learning the program, it looks great, to me. It is a leaner, cleaner look.

Tool tips still pop up but now in the selected language.

Feature request. IF a second display is attached, when the program is started, have Karaoki automatically enable screen 2. Clicking the button, would toggle whether it is enabled, as it does now, but would save a step in setting up for a show, assuming everything is connected, physically, when Karaoki is started.

Karaoki can already do this:
    If you right click on the Karaoki link on your desktop and select Properties from the list, then click the “Shortcut” tab and in the target box add ” /screen2″ after\ Karaoki.exe (so it reads ‘….\Karaoki.exe” /screen2’ , Karaoki will start with screen 2 open.

The screen 2 button could be an icon of a monitor, with the number 2 in it, and could be smaller, and not in the transport area, so that it is less likely to be accidentally clicked. (I never have, but I can see it happening)

That is exactly what I envisaged for an icon, and I also agree it should be moved away from the deck area. however I’m not quite sure where to place it!!
    One thing I have thought of is to make the options button 1/2 the size, as now it has an icon it can be much smaller and this will leave enough space for the screen2 button next to it.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

it does happen on my other 17′ laptop but not as much. I always have to click the Min/Max button…I’m not sure what it’s on since it’s not changing. When Karaoki first is opened it opens to a default setting. It would be helpful if the program remembered the screen size setting when closed.
    My small screen computer (10 inch) is set to 1280 X 800. It can’t be set higher than that.
    I can size it so it fits perfectly but I have to do it each time I open the program.

I will look into this….. however this strange, I must start Karaoki 50 times a day on various machines, and it always starts in the same location and size it was when I last closed it down…..
    Are you closing from maximized or anything like that?

flashback
    Participant

Just have the current Add Songs dropdown menu include add case to the menu. Then there would not be two buttons in two different locations.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

New buttons look great, Alan! Thank you.

Meep70
    Participant

I must start Karaoki 50 times a day on various machines, and it always starts in the same location and size it was when I last closed it down…

After a fresh install, sometimes I have to resize mine. It is like the preferences for size get over-written, when I do an installation, sometimes.

Grasping at straws, here… I wonder if he did a restore from the 17″ machine, to the 10″ machine the first time he installed it on the smaller computer, and in restoring the license and info, it copied screen location preferences. Since it can’t display off-screen, it chooses the default new size.

Meep70
    Participant

Is there a way to make the BGM fade out, more smoothly? Currently, it cuts off, abruptly, at least on my setup. I am using separate sound cards for BGM and Karaoke tracks, if that makes a difference.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Is there a way to make the BGM fade out, more smoothly? Currently, it cuts off, abruptly, at least on my setup. I am using separate sound cards for BGM and Karaoke tracks, if that makes a difference.

I’ll have a look, as I think their is something that could possibly be done.

vinylmixer
    Participant

There is also a problem with the background music fading back in after the Karaoki track has finished. It has a glitch, it starts, then momentarily stops, then it comes back in again. It has been like this for a while now and has been mentioned in this forum a couple of times previously

bertiepr
    Participant

Hi!

Since last update:

1) My laptop is crashing frequently (blue screen), only while using Karaoki,

2) Mp4 videos can’t be loaded,

3) Karaoki is not shutting down songbookdb plugin on exit.

Please verify what’s going on…

Thanks!

bertiepr
    Participant

The glitch problem with the background music fading back (fade in) is very annoying.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I just tried the BGM playback to see if I can re-create the skip. I have no skip or skipping when Background music starts playing again. However, what mode do you have the background music player in? I’m using the setting where the BGM starts a new track every time it fades back in.

For mp4, have you installed the KLITE mega code pack? Karaoki doesn’t have native support for videos – although many times the codec for mp4 is already on the system. Here’s info on the KLITE codec pack “mega” (click image below)

bertiepr
    Participant

Thank’s Ryan!

MP4 issue solved with K-Lite

Background Music glitch is present in both modes

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

1) My laptop is crashing frequently (blue screen), only while using Karaoki,

I believe this to be caused by the addition of double buffering when building the lists, On the next beta I’ve added an option to enable/disable double buffering… by default it’ll be turned off.

3) Karaoki is not shutting down songbookdb plugin on exit.

Is the “Shutdown Client Applications/Plugins on exit.” option enabled?
    This option is located on the Remote Connections” screens options button.

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan Ever since Build #0.8.5735.23891 when the audio engine was updated, we have had a glitch when the background music fades back in. It does not come back in smoothly, it STARTS then for a split second there is a small gap before it fades in.
    by vinylmixer
    Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 am

Alan This is my original post about the background music, Bertiepr also posted about this problem. You said you would look into it.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

I second all these suggestions by Meep70. And I HAVE actually clicked the sreen2 button by mistake before. Also, a warning that Screen 2 has not been opened before playing the first track once you run the program would work.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Ok, I also noticed a BGM glitch happening to me. Might be the same one, actually.

When I hit the “fade-out” button to end a current karaoke track and start a BGM track, for some reason sometimes the karaoke track doesn’t “FADE OUT” at all and just cuts-off abruptly instead.

Also, why is it that now when I add a karaoke track to rotation, the “add or select singer” window opens, but the cursor is not in the text-box. Instead i have to move the mouse and click on it to start typing a name. And then when I’m done typing, the “Enter” button doesn’t save the name and close the window.. It does nothing and I have to move mouse and click on “OK”

Finally, I have another very annoying thing that happens to me A LOT. Not sure if this is the right place to post it, since this carries over from the previous version.
    Anyway, while the new version has a new “Remove Track from Rotation” option on the right-click drop-menu (which is very very handy, and thank you for that!), I still suffer the same issue from the previous version (when it was done from the singer window), where removing a track from rotation will automatically just completely change my rotation sequence! This messes up my rotation immensely and I am left trying to remember who came after who! Why does it do that..?

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Alan Ever since Build #0.8.5735.23891 when the audio engine was updated, we have had a glitch when the background music fades back in. It does not come back in smoothly, it STARTS then for a split second there is a small gap before it fades in.
    by vinylmixer
    Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 am

Alan This is my original post about the background music, Bertiepr also posted about this problem. You said you would look into it.

Please be patient.. I have already said in post #6879 that its being looked into, I can’t reproduce this on the two test machines I have here, and these are not super-duper high spec machines…. one is a 5.5year old dual core Pentium E6500 and the other is an 2.5 year old i5-4440, the i5 is actual quite a good/fast machine but no i7 gaming machine!! I have several other test machines but these are the main two.

When this happens is the fader sticking and then jumping Up/down?

The newer AV engines have a new method for automatically fading to a defined level over a set time period, I’m currently looking into seeing if this could be used in karaoki and how much work it is to implement.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

why is it that now when I add a karaoke track to rotation, the “add or select singer” window opens, but the cursor is not in the text-box. Instead i have to move the mouse and click on it to start typing a name. And then when I’m done typing, the “Enter” button doesn’t save the name and close the window.. It does nothing and I have to move mouse and click on “OK”

If you drag a song onto a singers name in the rotation it’ll open the ‘Add or Select Singer’ window with the singer pre-selected, then all you then have to do is click ‘OK’ to add the song to the singer. I have changed it in the next beta so hitting enter will save and close the box if text is selected or edited.

Finally, I have another very annoying thing that happens to me A LOT. Not sure if this is the right place to post it, since this carries over from the previous version.
    Anyway, while the new version has a new “Remove Track from Rotation” option on the right-click drop-menu (which is very very handy, and thank you for that!), I still suffer the same issue from the previous version (when it was done from the singer window), where removing a track from rotation will automatically just completely change my rotation sequence! This messes up my rotation immensely and I am left trying to remember who came after who! Why does it do that..?

This shouldn’t happen, I’ll add it to my list of bugs to investigate.

flashback
    Participant

I am running the program maximized because it tends to run slightly behind the bottom try otherwise and this is true for both computers. Each computer is running independently of one another.

flashback
    Participant

When I try to add a new singer, there are singers on the list which are not in my rotation list and when I select one of those names I get an error message which says name has already been selected. Probably the only way to solve this is to start a new show and wipe out all the old info.

phillipmoz
    Participant

Hi,

I get a similar problem with the rotation screen since the last two updates. Two major issues:

1. When I try to remove a track from the rotation using the right click menu option, the entire rotation disappears! There is now no way to remove a singer from the rotation. This has only started happening since the recent updates.

2. The singers are all still in the history, but they do not appear in the list when I add a track to the rotation – I have to type in the name each time.

I am running the software on a PC with Windows 7. Please help as it is now pretty much unusable.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

OK everybody….
    I have a new beta for you to try:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.5895.exe
    This beta is currently NOT on the “Check for Updates” as it still needs some work.. but I though coulb try it and see if it helps.

Double buffering can now be enabled/disabled with an option on the config screen… by default its now switched off.

This build also has quite a few other changes:

First of all this build has a new search system, and when you start this build of Karaoki for the first time it will build a new search database, this should only happen the once. on my machines here the search seems to be about twice as quick as the old search system. If you have any issues with the new search you can switch back to the old system as I’ve added a “Use Legacy Search” button to the “Search Options” screen.. I’ve also added a button to rebuild the search database, however I doubt you will ever need this as the database updates with any changes as you add/remove or edit data in the cases.

You will notice that the on the orange skin the “Screen 2” button has been moved to the bottom of the screen next to the options button and on both the skins the text on the bottom right buttons has been replaced by icons. Mouse-over tool-tips will now display the text in the chosen language providing its in the language file for the selected language.

Now, on the ‘Add or Select Singer’ popup window, pressing enter when a singers name is selected or a new singer is added has the same function as clicking on the OK button.

I’ve also changed Karaoki so if the artist field isn’t populated you no longer get leading “- ” in the rotation list or db, this causes errors in the singer database and so all leading “- ” are now stripped out when the data is written to the db or list…

Their are also other changes to the code that are not visible to you guys that may help with some of the issues you are seeing, give this beta a try and let me know if it helps…
    …. also I think I have found a solution to the BGM fade in/out problem but haven’t had time to code it into this beta.

Alan.

phillipmoz
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the new beta version, but unfortunately it didn’t resolve my 2 issues, i.e. singers names not appearing in list, and rotation clearing entirely if one track removed from it.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

flashback
    Participant

I just downloaded the new update and I like it…like the buttons and the position of the buttons. What I’m really pleased with is the faster lookup speed. It is considerably faster….Thank you for making the changes.

I still have some carry over issues and one solution.
    Adding a new singer is not a problem as long as I remember to start a new show in the beginning of the evening. It clears old data from the rotation in a way that the “Clear Rotation” option doesn’t allowing me to select a new singer from a previous show as a new singer without an error message.

I still have a sizing problem and it seems to involve my Task Bar. If I click on one of the bottom buttons the bottom edge of Karaoki (where the buttons are) disappears behind a black bar. I sometimes can get it back by clicking on an area away from the black bar. The black bar is my tray without icons on it. I know this because if I unlock the tray and move it to the side from the bottom the problem goes away. I have two Windows 10 computers, a 17 inch laptop and a 10 inch two way and have the same problem on both of them.

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan
    You asked if the slider moves up and down as the background music is faded back in. No it does not but if you look carefully at the volume indicator next to the slider you will see that this shows movement up, down. then up again.
    listening to it through laptop speakers, does not seem a big problem, but when the sound is amplified and all systems are go then, Houston we have a problem. This has been like this since 0.8.5735.23891. It happens every time without fail when the background music comes back in. This happens no matter which laptop I am using, I hope this helps.

flashback
    Participant

Update on screen sizing. I believe I’ve gotten the problem solved on my 17 inch computer. with latest bugfix update.
    Still have the problem with my small 10 inch screen.
    This is what I found out.
    Only two of the bottom buttons cause problem. The Second Screen button and the Maximize/Restore button.
    I’ve moved the task bar to the right side so that when it comes up it doesn’t overlay bottom buttons.
    I can recover from clicking the Second Screen button (When Task Bar appears) by clicking any place on Karaoki.
    Clicking Maximize button then Restore causes the bottom of the screen to go off the bottom and the only way to recover from that is to invoke the task manager to end the task and close Karaoki (a forced stop).
    So for now I’m not clicking on Maximize/Restore button and task bar is over on right side of screen.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Flashback:
    I have made Karaoki so the bottom of karaoki can no longer be hidden behind the task bar even if Karaoki is shutdown when maximized…. If karaoki is started if any part of the main window outside the visible area of the primary screen or hidden behind the task bar Karaoki will move and resize so all parts are visible…. lookout for the next beta 🙂

Also I hope to have the Fade in/out issue fixed and a new beta within the next few days.

Alan

flashback
    Participant

A suggestion for a button change. The BGM button is now a pair of musical notes…so far so good. What about when the notes are clicked and your on the BGM side the button changes over to a “K” button for karaoke.Since the button Switches between dull orange and bright orange, this would be more definitive as to which side the program is on (karaoke or BGM). The other alternative is to have an orange to green color change.
    This would also work for the new second screen button.

John Surridge
    Participant

I’m having issues with the new search system. it’s not finding everything. I’ve searched for Beatles which I know I’ve got plenty of and came back no results. Same with ABBA and a few others but finds other songs and artist. I can’t use this in a show and will have to use the legacy search.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

I’m having issues with the new search system. it’s not finding everything. I’ve searched for Beatles which I know I’ve got plenty of and came back no results. Same with ABBA and a few others but finds other songs and artist. I can’t use this in a show and will have to use the legacy search.

Have you tried rebuilding the search database?

John Surridge
    Participant

Tried to rebuild db a few times no difference.

bertiepr
    Participant

Is the “Shutdown Client Applications/Plugins on exit.” option enabled?
    This option is located on the Remote Connections” screens options button.

Yes!

spinndoctors
    Participant

I am now using .8.59, but I was using 8.57 and I am having the same issues on both. Loading songs is taking a very very long time, to the point Ive been using a stop watch. They average a 1 minute 12 seconds, which feels like an eturnity compared to previous versions. Also Case scanning on start up takes way longer than normal I have about 80,000 songs and it takes more than 20 mins ( closer to 30 sometimes). I am running of a brand new dedicated laptop that fits all the stated specs for karaoke, with an external hard drive. So far in 4 attempts Ive had to switch off to a back up laptop to finish the show. Help please.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

bertiepr: I’ve found whats is causing the shutdown plugin problem… it will be fixed in the next beta.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

I am now using .8.59, but I was using 8.57 and I am having the same issues on both. Loading songs is taking a very very long time, to the point Ive been using a stop watch. They average a 1 minute 12 seconds, which feels like an eturnity compared to previous versions. Also Case scanning on start up takes way longer than normal I have about 80,000 songs and it takes more than 20 mins ( closer to 30 sometimes). I am running of a brand new dedicated laptop that fits all the stated specs for karaoke, with an external hard drive. So far in 4 attempts Ive had to switch off to a back up laptop to finish the show. Help please.

Public Betas are test builds for experienced users to test new features and bug fixes, if you are having trouble with a beta you need to reinstall the full release version or a a previous beta build that worked for you.

We recommend you install the beta along-side the stable release so you can switch back at a moments notice should trouble arise and thoroughly test the betas at home to make sure you are you are happy with them BEFORE using them in a live situation.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

John Surridge:
    So I can take a look at whats happening with the new search, could you use the backup/restore function in Karaoki to make a backup and then send me the zipp file my email is “alan at pcdj dot com”

If the file is to big for you ISP to send drop me an email and we can arrange alternative means to get the zip to me.

Alan

John Surridge
    Participant

Will do Alan if file to big I’ll Drop Box it and send you the link.

I’ve also noticed if I have the enhanced filter on in the search option it takes a long time to complete a search and the search can’t be aborted, the problem being is if you make a typo you’ve got to wait until it’s finished before you can try again.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Will do Alan if file to big I’ll Drop Box it and send you the link.

I’ve got the file OK and I think I’ve found and fixed a couple of bugs in the code, your file was of great use as I could then see what was happening.

I’ve also noticed if I have the enhanced filter on in the search option it takes a long time to complete a search and the search can’t be aborted, the problem being is if you make a typo you’ve got to wait until it’s finished before you can try again.

The advanced filter has and will always be slow, its just the way it works, however…
    … I’ve found the problem with the abort on the new search fixed it, it now works the same in both the new and legacy searches, just click on the red searching bar.

John Surridge
    Participant

A bug in the new search layout. When singers in rotation has fully populated the window it won’t let you add more singers until you remove someone from the rotation. I think the problem’s got to do with the window being fixed and not auto scrolling.

Meep70
    Participant

5895 is the smoothest experience I have had, in a while. Thanks for all your hard work!

vinylmixer
    Participant

Alan
    The double clicking on the search bar that then brings up a enlarged search box is a really great feature, I use it all the time. Would it be possible to make it stay up on the screen once a search had been made. At the moment I have to double click every time I want to use it.
    Thanks
    Chris

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Alan
    The double clicking on the search bar that then brings up a enlarged search box is a really great feature, I use it all the time. Would it be possible to make it stay up on the screen once a search had been made. At the moment I have to double click every time I want to use it.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris…..no need to double click……

on the keyboard you can bring the large search box up by typing “Backspace” then “Enter” and then your search text.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi All,

New beta with some bug fixes:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.5901.exe

The auto fade, Auto plugin shutdown and search bugs should now be fixed and I’ve made other changes that should make Karaoki more usable.

I’ve added a “Remove Singer From Rotation” option to the rotation list right click menu, this should be used “during a show” instead of the Delete singer. I’ve also moved the Options button menu to the center of the main window as some users were complaining of it encroaching onto the second screen during a show.

Build #0.8.5901.19512 Feb 27th 2016

Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
    • Fixed Auto fade bug
    • New” Search” bugs fixes
    • Fixed Karaoki not closing plugins

Added/Changes:
    • Added “Remove Singer From Rotation” option to rotation list Right click menu
    • Delayed SAT and Locker downloads at startup
    • Karaoki will auto resize is started with main window outside the visible bounds of the primary screen.
    • Options button menu now displayed in the center of the main window, this will in most cases prevent its sub lists from being displayed on the secondary screen.

John Surridge
    Participant

Hi Alan, installed 0.8.5901.19512, I still have to use legacy search as the new search is still not finding all my library. I’ve rebuilt db, no difference. Also something small, the ticker seems to truncate the message after about 70 characters. Luv your work.

Meep70
    Participant

Feature Request: After typing a search and pressing enter, I would like to see what I typed. All too often, I type something too fast, and come up with no search results, or the wrong search results. It would be nice to see what I typed, AFTER the search, to verify that it was indeed what I was looking for.

Looking forward to using 5901 at my next show!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi Alan, installed 0.8.5901.19512, I still have to use legacy search as the new search is still not finding all my library. I’ve rebuilt db, no difference. Also something small, the ticker seems to truncate the message after about 70 characters. Luv your work.

Hi John,
    Could you do another backup with the latest build and send it to me again so I can see whats going on with the searchdb….. the last one you sent had loads of junk in it and looked like it had been scrambled by something external to Karaoki…. I did find a couple of things in the code that may have caused a little scrambling but obviously in your case this wasn’t the problem.

Are you running any anti-virus software, if so what are you using?

Alan.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Feature Request: After typing a search and pressing enter, I would like to see what I typed. All too often, I type something too fast, and come up with no search results, or the wrong search results. It would be nice to see what I typed, AFTER the search, to verify that it was indeed what I was looking for.

OK so you don’t want the search text to clear after the search has been completed, you want to manually clear the search?

Suggestion….
    I could add a search history drop-down list to the large search popup box that is displayed when double clicking on the search bar or typing “Backspace” then “Enter” anywhere on the main screen…

… then you can see or reload previous searches… how about I make it so it remembers the last 15 searches for the session?

John Surridge
    Participant

Okay Alan will do and yes I use Avast anti virus.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Thanks John, I’ve got the file and will take another look in the morning.

Meep70
    Participant

Thanks, Alan! Just the most recent search would be good. Having a history would be GOLDEN, for many reasons.

flashback
    Participant

i am using the latest bug fix version. I’ve noticed that when Karaoki is first opened it scans my karaoke case even if there have been no changes, additions or deletions. Can Karaoki retain the info it collects from a scan and not scan every time. When doing a show I have to wait for the hard drive to be scanned.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

i am using the latest bug fix version. I’ve noticed that when Karaoki is first opened it scans my karaoke case even if there have been no changes, additions or deletions. Can Karaoki retain the info it collects from a scan and not scan every time. When doing a show I have to wait for the hard drive to be scanned.

Scanning hasn’t changed, however its start has been delayed by a few seconds….
    …. You can use Karaoki whilst its scanning as its a background task and shouldn’t affect the search etc.
    If it is an issue you can switch the automatic scanner off and just do manual scans whenever you make any changes to your cases. The option to disable automatic scanning is on the ‘File Checking’ section on the Options button menu… as is the manual checking function.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Thanks, Alan! Just the most recent search would be good. Having a history would be GOLDEN, for many reasons.

The ‘Search History’ is now added and will be in the next beta. 🙂

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi All,

Another new beta with a bug fix and new features:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.5903.exe

Build #0.8.5903.31620 Feb 29th 2016
    Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
    • Karaoq360 mode Screen 2 button graphics fix

Added/Changes:
    • Added ‘Search History’ to Large search pop-up
    • Karaoki can now use several new graphics formats as CDG backdrops, When loaded Karaoki can now copy-convert the images to a BMP image that it can then load.

flashback
    Participant

Wi the latest bug fix the search box shows all the SAT songs it has found. I went into options, online stores and uncheckeck everything except checked hide case but that did not prevent SAT songs from being listed.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Wi the latest bug fix the search box shows all the SAT songs it has found. I went into options, online stores and uncheckeck everything except checked hide case but that did not prevent SAT songs from being listed.

Oops, my bad… I’ll get it fixed!!
    🙂

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Fixed…. *** New beta HERE ***

Pops
    Participant

Hi Alan!

In both the recent Beta Builds (8.5903 and 8.5904) the functionality of a custom background on Screen 2 appears to have changed. In both builds, I see my custom background only when the Next Singer…list is displayed. As soon as a song is loaded and begins to play, Screen 2 changes to whatever background the song calls for.

By the way, the program is awesome! And the fact that you keep us up-to-date on everything and actually listen to your customers is great!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

In both the recent Beta Builds (8.5903 and 8.5904) the functionality of a custom background on Screen 2 appears to have changed. In both builds, I see my custom background only when the Next Singer…list is displayed. As soon as a song is loaded and begins to play, Screen 2 changes to whatever background the song calls for.

Hi Pops,

Have you looked to see if the ‘Random Image’ option on the ‘CDG Options’ screen isn’t enabled, when enabled Karaoki will choose a random image from the ‘Background Image’ list?

Pops
    Participant

Alan,

Random Image was not selected. But I did discover that the problem was a disconnect between the chair and the keyboard. I had only selected the Screen 2 Background Image in the Configuration options to use my background image. I did not have an image loaded for the CDG Options Transparency Mode…duh. Once I corrected that screw-up, it’s working as designed and expected.

Thanks for the super fast response!

flashback
    Participant

Downloaded the latest bugfix…the one that corrected the SAT problem. On my 32 bit computer I am getting an Unhandled Exception error when I add songs from a folder and then scan using naming convention (it’s there where it crashes). Sometimes it closes down the whole program and I have to reload it. Furthermore, even though I rebuilt the DB the new songs are not showing up in a search.
    This process works perfectly fine in my 64 bit computer..

flashback
    Participant

Update:
    I was able to get it the song transfer to work and solved the problem. Apparently the songs did not transfer to the folder. When it went to scan for naming convention there were no songs in the folder and that’s when the exception error appeared and crashed the program. I guess the lesson is make sure there are songs in the folder.
    So far, I am very pleased with all the other improvements.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, thanks for bringing that to our attention again. I too have seen the unhandled exception error when you try to re-scan a case using extraction method when no songs were imported. So there may indeed need to be error handling put in place for when that occurs.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

OK guys, if you see this error again could you forward the exceptions ‘Advanced’ report data to me so I can fix it.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Alan,you will probably see this on your end following these steps: Create a case – choose to scan a folder that doesn’t have any songs in it, and import now. Then try using an extraction method and click GO – it will likely happen,

Meep70
    Participant

Is there any way to disable to the auto-resize, upon startup? I always haev my window sized all the way to the edges of the screen, vertically, but not horisontally. I only use a little over half of the screen, horizontally. Now, when it opens, it maximizes, automagically, and I have to resize., every time.

Meep70
    Participant

Using .5904, and I have noticed a regression. The volume control on the karaoke player is at max, every time the program starts, rather than remembering the level.

Everything else seems to be working smoothly, so far.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Ryan wrote:
    Alan,you will probably see this on your end following these steps: Create a case – choose to scan a folder that doesn’t have any songs in it, and import now. Then try using an extraction method and click GO – it will likely happen,

OK, Found and fixed!!

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Meep70 wrote:
    Is there any way to disable to the auto-resize, upon startup? I always haev my window sized all the way to the edges of the screen, vertically, but not horisontally. I only use a little over half of the screen, horizontally. Now, when it opens, it maximizes, automagically, and I have to resize., every time.

Karaoki will only resize if any part of its main window is off the view-able area of the primary screen.
    If you resize karaoki so its just above the area of the taskbar it won’t resize….
    ….however I can add a option to turn the re-sizing off..

Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 247 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.