Tagged: 

Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

GAMacky
    Participant

Hi, I know I’ve seen the instruction on how to have both beta and final releases side by side before. But for the life of me, I can’t seem to find it again. Can someone point me in the right direction? or have it available at a more prominent place on the support website?

GAMacky
    Participant

Maybe I should clarify. I do not mean running the beta and the stable releases at the same time. I meant to have them both installed and be able to switch between them. I seem to recall someone wrote how to do that in a message here. But I can’t seem to find it. I’ve done searches and I found a few messages where it was recommended to install both and be able to switch. But there’s no instruction on how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

This was a sticky post on the old mesage board:
    Karaoki Beta’s can be installed alongside the full Released build, Here’s how: –

1. Download the latest full Karaoki release.
    2. Run the installer from your desktop, and on the second screen (Entitled ‘Select Destination Location’) change “\Karaoki” to “\Karaoki_Beta” or to an alternative location from the default and then click ‘Next’
    3. On the next screen (entitled ‘Select Start Menu Folder’) change ‘PCDJ Karaoki’ to ‘PCDJ Karaoki Beta’, then click the ‘Next’ button.
    4. Let the installer run to the end.
    5. Run Karaoki.

Then…..

6. Download the beta using ‘Check for updates’ screen on the utilities menu on the ‘Options’ button. When prompted to ’Install Downloaded files now?’ click ‘No’ ….. do not allow Karaoki to run the installer directly.
    7. Close Karaoki.
    8. Repeat steps 2 to 4 but with the beta installer.

When you click on ‘Start > All Programs’ you will see you now have two versions of Karaoki installed

**** Original sticky is HERE *****

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.