Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

1tannerweir
    Participant

Is it possible to beat match when you change to a cue point? Or does this automatically happen when “Sync” has been pressed previously? Also, is it possible to snap a cue point to the nearest beat? It’s difficult to add cues while the song is playing, I’m usually adding the cue barely early or barely late.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hot cues currently are set exact at the point you set it – they won’t snap to beat. If you using a low latency audio interface you should accurately be able to set the cue on the fly however.

You obviously need to trigger the cue spot on to bring in the song on beat, right now.

We are working on a new beat lock engine that we hoped we’d have for the next update, but it will likely be saved for the following instead. This new beat lock engine will allow you to trigger cues, set cues, jump around the song on the fly etc without ever losing sync. This is much like a sequencer, and a major core upgrade to our sync and beat-grid engine. Songs should never drift, even if they naturally change tempo.

We will have an update on Tuesday with a few new features and some bug fixes, and then we’ll be working to finalize the new beat-lock engine. As you can image, this type of feature requires precision coding and lots of time/effort – but we aim to have the best beat lock/sync in the business!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Also, so it’s clear, you can manually set cues – click play on the song, click play to pause it – adjust the waveform/track position and click on one of the cue point buttons (1-8) to set the cue point. That way you can set a very accurate cue position instead of triggering them on the fly (hot cue).

1tannerweir
    Participant

Thank you very much! I’ve seen this feature in many other DJ software a few years ago, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t looking over it… I usually manually set the cues, but if I’m in the middle of mixing with a new song then I’d like to make some cue points without having to pause the song (sometimes I do this live).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.