Back to General PCDJ Discussions
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dave4pk
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a way of mixing one song to another using the auto fade slider but instead of loading the next track, pausing the song where it’s faded?

EG.
    When hosting karaoke and you’ve got loads of singers to get up and little time left to do it in, you want to get on with calling people up as quickly as poss, but you play a video in between singers, and its a great tune and the punters are loving it, you need to get the singers up, so you cross fade it after 20 seconds of play and the song has gone. It would be good if you could come back to that song when the person has finished destroying a song. I never used to worry about it before as I never used to really use the auto cross fade, but since buying a Mac Book last week, I can’t always manually cross fade because more often than not, the crossfader sticks, so I have to auto fade it, but then I lose an entire song. Can anyone help?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

This is NOT possible right now, but others have asked for two things that we’re looking to add:

1) While in auto-mix or using mix now features the song grays out in the list, but doesn’t auto-delete on load.
    2) Songs auto-delete on load when MANUALLY loading from the sidelist.

They would be new options under the general tab.

Also, since the main development plan now is to allow you to setup a user list as the filler music list (so you can dedicate the sidelist for just karaoke) the songs would remain in the list always – so you can go back and reference it.

Right now you could go back into history (bottom of the list) to grab the song quickly again.

I am confused regarding this however: “but since buying a Mac Book last week, I can’t always manually cross fade because more often than not, the crossfader sticks, so I have to auto fade it, but then I lose an entire song. ”

I’ve never witnessed (or heard of, up until now) the crossfader ‘sticking’. While it’s mixing over it will not let you grab it until it’s finished the fade, but that’s about it.

Please let me know!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.