- Windows: 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1
- 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / Core 2 Quad / Core i3/i5/i7 / Amd Phenon (Celeron Not Recommended)
- 4 GIG RAM or Better
- Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000 Series or better)
- DirectX/ASIO Compatible Multi-Channel Audio Interface
- 200 MB free on the hard-drive
Transport And DJ Mixer Controls
DEX 3 makes it easy to mix everything. The DEX 3 user interface and transport controls work much like CD Decks and include advanced mixer controls much like you find on high-end physical DJ mixers.
Use a traditional 2-Deck interface (skin) with or without video mixing controls, or layer in your mix with one of the included 4-Deck DEX 3 skins (or Download A DEX 3 Skin). BPM grid-based beat-sync, smart looping, key-lock, hot-cue points, filters and effects all work flawlessly whether you’re mixing only music or performing a music video mix for your audience.
Advanced Media File Browser With Search, Playlists And Automix
DEX 3 includes an advanced media file browser for all your music, music videos and karaoke files. iTunes playlists are also imported automatically so you can start mixing immediately.
The included library filters allow you to view only the file type you want to work with, and the fast search feature displays results as you type. Create custom playlists or generate lists from directories on your hard drive. Album art and color coding makes it easy to find the song/s you’re looking for. New “List Mode” allows for a more traditional column-style layout. Playlist playback automation is built right in; engage Automix or Shuffle Play if you need a break.
Built-In Effects And Sample Player
The included audio “effects grid” in DEX 3 will further enhance your sets by providing the ability to apply Echo, Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger and Autopan – either one at a time, or layered in to create brand new sounds. The effect controls DJs have come to expect are present, including wet/dry, BPM sync, and varied parameters per effect.
The effects section can be swapped out with the press of a button for a Sample Player, which allows you to load up 8 sound clips of your choice that can be triggered and played over-top the mix. Choose to BPM sync your samples to the master player for seamlessly drops.
DEX Tutorial Videos
Let us show you how! We’ve released a series of DEX tutorial videos that cover the basics all the way up to more advanced DJ mixing software functionality. Our tutorial videos make it easier than ever to learn how to use our best DJ software, without having to pour over a complicated manual. Keep checking back, as free updates of DEX become available so will additional DEX tutorial videos.
DJ Music And Music Videos For DJs
PCDJ has teamed up with two great record pool services for pro DJs. Our partners at the iDJPool have the hottest new music in 320kbps MP3, plus 2 years of back catalog available in all popular genres to subscribers. Get unlimited downloads in all genres for only $50, or select the “Country Pool” or “Urban Pool” options only.
The Video Pool offers high-quality MP4 music videos for DJs and VJs, The Video Pool includes a variety of genres, exclusive mixes, and DJ tools for use in PCDJ DEX 3.
DEX 3 Features
- Up to 4 DJ decks (two for video and karaoke) with professional grade mixer and playlists
- Two mode skin, complete with Audio and Video Tabs
- Skin support – change the appearance of DEX 3 (Skin Designer) (DEX 3 Skins)
- Fully manual or automatic mixing (one-click beat-matching)
- Video mixing (including pitch, break, reverse, scratch video)
- Video effects, Video transitions and NEW Video Mix Recording
- Karaoke Singers List. (click for more info)
- Timecode vinyl/CD support
- Robust library with format filters, search as you type, and tag editing (New: “List Mode”)
- Change font dynamically (in real-time) in playlist/browser (press on the list to have focus and then press +/-/0 on your keyboard)
- Seamless intelligent looping and beat-skip
- Automatic grid-based BPM detection with batch processing
- Vinyl simulation including scratch, pitch, reverse play, and brake
- Headphone cueing and monitoring
- Support for professional VST effects
- Key stepper – configurable (full/half/quarter steps) with digital readout
Note: The above are recommendations for standard 480p Video file Mixing.
– for 720p HD videos (1280×720) — at least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 512MB video RAM
– for 1080p/1080i full HD videos (1920×1080) — at least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 1gb video RAM